Security Installer Community

Galaxy 60 Link Programming!

timtimmo

Hi,

Short intro first, Electronic Engineer by trade- hence took on the challenge of learning how to set up an Ex ADT Honeywell Galaxy 60 system from scratch......Engineer manual is to die for at 198 pages .... but I finally made it! Well chuffed!

Have now moved onto trying to program a "link" - such that when a door bell switch is pressed, I operate the on board relay output (1012). Input Zone is working OK, the link is set up and reads 1028+ 1012. I set up the output for Link A, reflex & Neg ploarity... but it will not work!

Driving me crazy.... I think it is picking up 1012 input instead of the output as this reads "intruder" when allocated.... how do I get to the 1012 output address?

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Ps: The system has a telephone Comms card but if I read the manual correctly, this cannot be set up to auto dial my home number etc..... as it specifically needs to comunicate with an ARC via Galaxy gold software etc. Any clairification on this would be appreciated.

Kind Regards - Mark

what link source and destination you using.

just link from the circuit number to the output number and it will follow the zone.

Thanks for your replay Redbull - update below.

Well..... walked straight back up to the panel after sleeping on it and hey presto - Link command reads 1028+#1012 and working a treat!

Would really like some advice on my PS in the original post: Can the comms card be set up to auto dial my home tel. No?

it can but it will fail.

It will call you but will keep trying.

If you have a later classic (v4.1x on if i recall but definetly v4.5) and a newish comms mod then you can use sms texting.

The galaxys need to call a reciever not a human. YOu will need a speech dialler for that and IMO i dont like them.

Better to get yourself a basic monitoring package for your exisitng digi and setup test calls, line testing etc.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

it can but it will fail.

It will call you but will keep trying.

If you have a later classic (v4.1x on if i recall but definetly v4.5) and a newish comms mod then you can use sms texting.

The galaxys need to call a reciever not a human. YOu will need a speech dialler for that and IMO i dont like them.

Better to get yourself a basic monitoring package for your exisitng digi and setup test calls, line testing etc.

James

Update on the Comms Module - would really appreciate help from Redbull who seems to know his onions.

As per RedBull's advive, comms to do connect to my home Tel No. but fail due to no valid reply etc.. But the good news is that my hardware & Software suports SMS messaging. Have programmed with my mobile but so far no joy!

Any Tips.... do not have an up to date manual... so guessing a bit. One of the set up parameters is "Centre" - is this important? Also, what SMS format is applicable for bog standard T-mobile?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mark

Archived