Security Installer Community

Securit 700l - How To Silence Bellbox 4 Repairs..

scottishlass

Hi

I inherited the Securit 700L Alarm System in my flat when I moved in. Concerned about whether the codes written into the manual were right (ie. not "coded" for memory by previous owner) I never used my home alarm - but now I need to fix a bulb fitting and need to switch off the Mains. How do I do this? If I switch it off - the alarm sounds. If I enter the 4 digit code - nothing happens. Ive tried looking into the box on the front of the house and that triggered the Tamper 'alarm' so I now have a flashing 4, flashing Tamper, and the first 2 LED's on the upper and lower rows to the left are both fixed on. I did find the box which a guy who "used to install these things" said wouldnt be part of the alarm system...helpful yes...and it had a 12v battery in it but only the +ve was connected. Should I connect BOTH spade plugs there? Replace that batery and then start trying the Engineers code? I do have the manual but so far..no use.

PLEASE help. I need to fix that bulb holder and that's SUCH a simple job, but I don't want to have to pay

Hi

I inherited the Securit 700L Alarm System in my flat when I moved in. Concerned about whether the codes written into the manual were right (ie. not "coded" for memory by previous owner) I never used my home alarm - but now I need to fix a bulb fitting and need to switch off the Mains. How do I do this? If I switch it off - the alarm sounds. If I enter the 4 digit code - nothing happens. Ive tried looking into the box on the front of the house and that triggered the Tamper 'alarm' so I now have a flashing 4, flashing Tamper, and the first 2 LED's on the upper and lower rows to the left are both fixed on. I did find the box which a guy who "used to install these things" said wouldnt be part of the alarm system...helpful yes...and it had a 12v battery in it but only the +ve was connected. Should I connect BOTH spade plugs there? Replace that batery and then start trying the Engineers code? I do have the manual but so far..no use.

PLEASE help. I need to fix that bulb holder and that's SUCH a simple job, but I don't want to have to pay

...or just pull the lighting circuit fuse on the consumer unit (if there is one) - check with other ceiling lights / mains tester that its not live. Your alarm should/will not be on the part of the 5Amp lighting ring.

The above advise is more comprehensive however

Archived