Security Installer Community

Where To Locate The Controller?

davidish

Hi all,

I'm thinking of installing a powermax+ control unit in the electricity meter cupboard. it's a small cupboard so the control unit will only be a few centimetres away from the main fuse box and metre, could this cause interference with the wireless comms? Is there a recommended minimum distance the control unit should be away from the fuse box/ meter, or will this location be ok? I want to put it there coz it's the most discrete location.

Any experience with this sort of installation? Also, will the wireless signal be strong enough to reach an external wireless sounder (the outside wall is solid brick about 1 foot thick)

Thanks.

I have no experience of the powermax at all but I would of thought putting the panel that close to incoming mains might well pose a few problems.

The only way to test if the bellbox ok where your thinking of putting it would to temp fix it ie suck it and see - assuming your DIY of course otherwise you'd have sig strength meter & test xmitter!

Heres some guidance notes re radio gear. Made for I-on panel but will give you a few pointers.

radio_guidance_notes_issue_1.pdf

Archived