Security Installer Community
Sign in to follow this  
adpteddy

Honeywell Galaxy G60 & Keyprox

Hi Everyone and a happy new year to all.

Can someone tell me if the Honeywell Galaxy 60 Panel will support the Mk7 Keyprox Keypads or will I need a new panel, also what software revision does the panel need to be at if they do work with them.

The manual goes on about maxcard readers but makes no mention of the keyprox, and I haven;t had a chance to phone honeywell until monday.

Any help will be greatfully recevied.

2.+ will work with prox,tho some problems with confirm o/p, 4.+ yet again problems with confirm o/p 4.36+ ok latest v was 4.5 i belive.

prox on 2.1 to 2.3 and versions in between tho quickly updated to v4+ had problems with 4.5 not seeing prox at all

Many Thanks everybody for the speedy replies.

I have just checked the panel in question and the version is at 1.04 which is way down.

Is it possible to upgrade the version on the Galaxy 60 and if so whats the easiest way or is it cheaper to fit another panel ???

Many Thanks

Luke.

1.04 is old,you will need a new pcb for prox from what i remember you could change the chips on the pcb,not sure if you needed a v2+ or v4+ pcb to start with.are you changing the pcb to comply with dd243 or pd or just for bells only system

Edited by goncall

1.04 is old,you will need a new pcb for prox from what i remember you could change the chips on the pcb,not sure if you needed a v2+ or v4+ pcb to start with.are you changing the pcb to comply with dd243 or pd or just for bells only system

I thought that might be the case.

Basicly the customer has 5 sites with galaxy systems in, he has just purchased a sixth site and asked me to take a look at the alarm thats fitted there.

So I have a look and its the aforementioned Galaxy 60 panel, customers other 5 sites all use the keyprox tokens to set/unset the panel so naturally whats the new site to be the same.

The site is currently bells only but I will be looking to make it comply as he will want it monitored later on this year, site currently consists of Honeywell dualtechs and some shitty old door contacts.

Basicly customer doesn't want to spend a fortune hence seeing if a version upgrade would be cheaper than a new panel.

Many Thanks for the help so far.

I thought that might be the case.

Basicly the customer has 5 sites with galaxy systems in, he has just purchased a sixth site and asked me to take a look at the alarm thats fitted there.

So I have a look and its the aforementioned Galaxy 60 panel, customers other 5 sites all use the keyprox tokens to set/unset the panel so naturally whats the new site to be the same.

The site is currently bells only but I will be looking to make it comply as he will want it monitored later on this year, site currently consists of Honeywell dualtechs and some shitty old door contacts.

Basicly customer doesn't want to spend a fortune hence seeing if a version upgrade would be cheaper than a new panel.

Many Thanks for the help so far.

you'll need to go g2 or g3 and change the detection if the site is currently bells only,depending on the size of the site and grade required you could go with a galaxy 2 but i find the galaxy 3 is the better panel even for g2 systems

tho you may need to change the rios as well as if its the old metal style it doesnt have the grading sticker on them tho im not that sure if that is the case to be honest.

its possible but honeywell dont have anymore software chips for the classics. Pro companies (like us) will have enough in stock to cover contracted systems. Doubt anyone will let any go as it would leave them short to cover their own stuff.

The new stuff is flash upgraded so less of an issue

securitywarehouse https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

its possible but honeywell dont have anymore software chips for the classics. Pro companies (like us) will have enough in stock to cover contracted systems. Doubt anyone will let any go as it would leave them short to cover their own stuff.

The new stuff is flash upgraded so less of an issue

Its got to be an upgrade ! I'm sure if the customer will find the money to upgrade it. Just explain that for the system to be monitored and gain police response it has to be upgraded. Everything has to be changed!

Any other company would have to upgrade the system.

cheers

I must admit i have seen other companies take over system and not upgrade them though. Wait for the inspection !