Security Installer Community

Minerva 80

Ramite

Hmmm,the original Thorn Minerva 8,16 & 80's must have first seen light of day a good 20 year ago (approx!).The original concept was for a combined intruder and fire panel (the facilities were on the consys) but I assume that there was equipment conflict due to different standards (this I am only guesiing and welcome corrections!!).

I ripped out one of the combined ones a while back, bloody awful thing, I got caught with the PSU when I booted up the Morley.

XP95 and Thorn on the same loop don't like each other! :whistle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Why/how did you manage that????

Do you know the old Thorn PSU?

If you do you will know what I did! :whistle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

My experience form this fault is that one of the BGU's on the loop has gone scatty, regardless of water damage. Loop through all the BG and check your loop, then reinstate them one at a time until 80 goes nuts. Interrogate the loop voltages and loop device status, cant remember off top of my head the menus.

Bri

trade.gif

Just an update went to site again changed the loop card (the third !) got the panel to accept this loop card which cleared the relay coil fault on the sounders.However the low id on the smokes and heats are still there.Checked the point analog values and smokes show up as 400 series smokes yet are all are mr901t or md901.Tried downloading a copy of program to panel still no difference.

Wiped the panel to default, or think so powered up with links on cpu and loops cards maybe someone could confirm that this does default panel, then downloaded again to panel but still same faults.

Re- bri the panel has no call points thanks any way

Me fail English? That's unpossible

no call points?

P category system.

Just an update went to site again changed the loop card (the third !) got the panel to accept this loop card which cleared the relay coil fault on the sounders.However the low id on the smokes and heats are still there.Checked the point analog values and smokes show up as 400 series smokes yet are all are mr901t or md901.Tried downloading a copy of program to panel still no difference.

Wiped the panel to default, or think so powered up with links on cpu and loops cards maybe someone could confirm that this does default panel, then downloaded again to panel but still same faults.

Re- bri the panel has no call points thanks any way

Yup,all links in will wipe config on start up (you only do it once!).

If you got new chips as well as the loop card,is your version of Consys correct for the firmware chip set?If the original was an older version of consys you'll have to upgrade it to the correct version that matches the new chips.You have to step up to each version until you get the one you need (if it was 10 and current was 12 you open in 11,save then open in 12)

"no call points?" They have been removed due to number of false alarms.Has been agreed with all interested parties including fire brigade.

Got another site visit possibly with some new chips.See how it goes !

Yes Maton TE1 the consys version and firmware chips match v10

Me fail English? That's unpossible

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking for some help with a fault on a panel.Every device on loop b is in fault.The smokes and heats show low id and sounders show relay coil fault.This is after water damage.Not directly on the panel but on a number of devices.The cable meters out ok(it is wired in pyro) but panel shows a s/c with the loop completly disconnected. The panel does not show an open circuit if the loop is split in the field.Nothing is down to earth and all devices effected by water damage have been changed.Heaters have been in to dry pyro ends.

I have tried changing the loop card,but once the panel is powered back up it starts initalizing then reboots and gets stuck in a cycle of just rebooting and front door just shows initializing.

Sorry for the long post but any help would be welcome.

Hi Ram,

You have several issue's going on here: Every device in loop B is in fault - this is down to the on-board isolators on the loop card ALXM kicking in, hence all devices in fault. This would be the result of progressive "noise/overloading" of the loop in stages from various devices. If you check back through the log, you will see a definitive pattern, in as much as the intitial devices creating the problem would have reported fault or ID issues, followed by fault overflow, which basically displays if there are over 5 faults on the loop, and/or a line isolator kicks in. The reason for the low ID's and coil faults is down to a device or devices, incorrectly sending corrupted analogue value information on the loop, which is corrupting the ID values for the other devices. The main tools to use here are view loop analogue values to see the loop current, which should ideally be no more than 2.7 or so, then loop point counters, which wiull show number of devices configured, and number of devices "seen". In this menu option, press arrow down, and you will see how many devices can be seen from either side of the loop. This information will steer you to a no response device, line isolator, or loop open circuit.

Ideally, if you can view each device on the loop's analogue value, you should find one or two that are not consistent, this should point you in the right direction. If there is too much noise and the panel is not allowing the above to be carried out, split the loop in half, disconnect one side from the mother board, and work on half a loop at a time, splitting further each side until the Lo ID's etc. are removed, thereby isolating any defective section of loop and/or devices.

Parts for Minerva available until 2012, available pre addressed if required from:

xxxx

Drop me a line should you require any more assistance

Archived