Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651

spark32uk

Hi,

Newbie here. I've got a scantronic 9651 panel, and just got home to find it giving me a "battery low" warning, with an audible beep. I'm happy to call the installers tomorrow, (unless replacing the battery is relatively easy?) but is there any way of shutting off that bloody beep? We've got a panel in our bedroom, and I don't think anyone's going to be able to sleep with the noise.

Can anyone help?

cheers.

Replacing the battery is relatively simple, however, the panel will need an engineer reset after a low battery fault. This is a fixed option on these panels and can't be disabled.

Better to call your installer to sort it for you, rather than have him know you've been fiddling when you call him to reset it anyway!

Trade Member

Nope, it started up again, just as I signed off here. Got the chap round, the big battery in the actual alarm panel was buggered. Cracked on one side. So he's replaced it. Although oddly he couldn't pick up a charge from the charging contacts, until the new battery was connected. Seems like they don't charge until they see a battery. Or the panel's knackered. Really hoping it's the first option. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all your very rapid responses. This is why I love the internet.

Don't worry there's no voltage when battery is off, The panel's not knackered if it's a 9651 EN, But if its a 9651 UK it may be knackered.

Archived