Security Installer Community

Back Up Power

thegagsy

Hello all this is the first time i have posted here so am hoping you guys can help me out. I have a four camera system on my house all with IR two cameras from CCTV direct and DVR which came as a complete system i have added 1 45mtr range cam on the back of house and another 10mtr cam on the front, the reason for the cameras is one of my front door being continually smashed, and the local police suggested i fit them as a deterrent all has been fine since fitting them but then last week there was a power cut at 3.30am and guess what my front door copped for it again 3rd time now. so i went to Maplins and got a Trust 1000va ups thing now is bad interferance on only two cameras the ones that came with the system the cables that where supplied are like bell wire however the two i got are fitted using coax cable and bnc's it is like speckley bars running down picture and only happens when in IR mode any ideas.

Hello all this is the first time i have posted here so am hoping you guys can help me out. I have a four camera system on my house all with IR two cameras from CCTV direct and DVR which came as a complete system i have added 1 45mtr range cam on the back of house and another 10mtr cam on the front, the reason for the cameras is one of my front door being continually smashed, and the local police suggested i fit them as a deterrent all has been fine since fitting them but then last week there was a power cut at 3.30am and guess what my front door copped for it again 3rd time now. so i went to Maplins and got a Trust 1000va ups thing now is bad interferance on only two cameras the ones that came with the system the cables that where supplied are like bell wire however the two i got are fitted using coax cable and bnc's it is like speckley bars running down picture and only happens when in IR mode any ideas.

First you could try just putting the UPS in a different room, further away from the rest of the kit.

Problem with them is often that you dont get a true sinewave output, can causu rf interference......try listening to an am radio near it - bet you cant !

if thyere 12V cameras, probably are, try a different type of power supply, still running from the UPS, or you could use a 12V boxed one with a 7Ah battery, which should run 4 cameras for hours. But that wont help with recordings, unless you can run your DVR from one as well. although you'll probably find that the DVR works fine with the UPS, and its only the camera power supplies that have a problem.

Archived