Security Installer Community

Hello

nickfell

Hi.

I found this site using good old Google & wonder if anyone can help me.

We recently moved into a house with a wired in burgular system - a C&K Securitech. Unfortunately there is no model number etc I can see anywhere?

I could post a picture if it helped?

The previous owners are unreachable & we do not have the code to use it!!

It seems to work as when you switch off the mains or try to open the box in the airing cupboard it goes off - anti-tamper??

We just have PIR's on the system.

Can anyone help?

cheers.

no code = no work

only way to sort it now is to get an engineer round to default & reprogram the whole system.

not a bad thing as he will also give it a full service and ensure it correct for your needs & protects you property.

cheers

C.

How do I get a reputable engineer?

Is it just a case of going through the yellow pages under alarm engineers?

Thanks

like any tradesman/company best bet it a friend or relative knowing someone they use to refer to you.

or we have a police force listing on this forum, look on the main forum board index

or as you say yellow pages and ask their experience with the make of equipment, service cost, cost for standard size batteries & about 24/7 callout cover as some include this in the service fee and other do not etc

like any tradesman/company best bet it a friend or relative knowing someone they use to refer to you.

or we have a police force listing on this forum, look on the main forum board index

or as you say yellow pages and ask their experience with the make of equipment, service cost, cost for standard size batteries & about 24/7 callout cover as some include this in the service fee and other do not etc

Many thanks for the advice.

Happy new year to yourself & the Wheelies!!!!!

Archived