Security Installer Community

DVR On the Move

Guest tanknet

Guest tanknet

Hi Chaps, thanks for all previous info - on 3 day training course with gardiner :)

OK I have a DVR thats needs moving (Secretary claims its too noisy!!!) problem is 4 cables will not reach the new destination. Is there such a device that will boost the single so I can extend the cable or would it be best to replace the cable which would be a pain in the rear end.

cheers for any advice

Paul

I usually use a male to male bnc to join or sometimes solder the inner cores, insulate, then making sure plenty of outer core braiding, twist and solder to fully shield.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Secure Eng 1

Was the noisy DVR a DM DS2 ?

Is there an opportunity to up-sell / upgrade ?

Original DS2s have a separate PSU and that was notoriously noisy.

New DS2 with integral CDwriter has PSU built into the main DVR case and seems less noisy.

Guest tanknet

Its a convision box seems that the 2 front fans are quite noisy. Secretary insist she can not work with it there!!!

So DVR will be moved

You may find now that England have gone out of the championships, the fans in question may be a little quiet now. lol

The DM2 with integral PSU would be a step backwards me thinks. In the years I've worked with CCTV, the amount of dust and stuff that gets drawn into fan assisted psu's can be quite amazing. I hope it doesn't reduce the life of the unit as overheating can come quite quickly unless you're prepared to do an internal cleanout when servicing.

Tony

ACE.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived