Security Installer Community

I Need To Vent!

Lisa

:ranting:

I don't know if I'm supposed to post here but I'm quite angry and I really needed to vent and find out if this is the norm.

I want to get an alarm system installed and did my research and decided to get it professionally installed after having found both Bosch and Honeywell have agents where I am (Egypt). I was contacted by the Bosch agent and they sent a guy over to see what I needed, it was decided I needed 8 door contacts, 2 PIR's and the system itself. This is all fine.

The guy never showed me a catalogue, he told me they only have wired door contacts but that he would ask about the wireless ones, he wouldn't give me prices, said it was tied to the US dollar rate (?!) but that he would send me a price list within a day or two at the latest, he never discussed different motion sensors with me - pet? quad? tritech? nothing. It certainly didn't feel like they had anything in stock. If I hadn't done a bit of research and understood there are things called door contacts etc he would have sold me the PIR's and the panel and that's it :realmad: because he was telling me how they'd installed motion sensors for some other client and that was all.

Two days passed and the weekend was coming so I called the guy and he didn't even answer his mobile or call me back. I have to say I'm pretty mad, it seems like it would be easier to buy a DIY system and install it myself. Am I justified in being angry or do you feel I'm being difficult?

Thanks for allowing me to vent :(

Vent away your totally justified to after that.

I think you are a victim of the "service" provided by trades in the middle east.

My brother in law lives in a similar part of the world and suffers the same utter lack of interest daily.

If your in luck maybe a member will be holidaying in the red sea area and fancy a busmans adventure.

C.

So I just received a reply from Bosch's representative here in Egypt after emailing Bosch Middle East (in the Netherlands) a complaint.

One panel, 8 wireless door contacts and 2 pet immune PIR's will cost the equivalent of 3000 GBP!

I would go for the Visonic Powermax but I just learnt that special permissions are required when importing wireless security systems. My brother in law is going to the UK for Christmas but the kit is too heavy (7 kilos) for him to bring back. Looks like no alarm system for me :cry:

So I just received a reply from Bosch's representative here in Egypt after emailing Bosch Middle East (in the Netherlands) a complaint.

One panel, 8 wireless door contacts and 2 pet immune PIR's will cost the equivalent of 3000 GBP!

I would go for the Visonic Powermax but I just learnt that special permissions are required when importing wireless security systems. My brother in law is going to the UK for Christmas but the kit is too heavy (7 kilos) for him to bring back. Looks like no alarm system for me :cry:

Bring Back a Gardtec 595 or 490 X Panel they are very good !

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

im willing to come over all expenses paid to have a look if you want? B)

lol for the 3000 quid pricetag it would be feasible (if I had 3000 to spend on an alarm system!)

Bring Back a Gardtec 595 or 490 X Panel they are very good !

Is it heavy?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived