Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 48 - Extension Speaker Problem

CarlG

Hi,

I'm in the process of configuring and testing a new installation with a Texecom Premier 48 panel. So far everything is working as expected but I've got a strange problem with the extension speaker running from the control panel. The speaker is working ok but the alarm tone is emitting at the advisory volume level set in the Global Options rather than full volume as stated in the manual. I also have an 8XP Zone expander and the speaker connected to that works fine (alarm at full volume regardless of volume level set). I've tried swapping the speakers so it's not a problem with one of those and having been through all the settings in the manual I can't find anything that would seem to override the default. Anyone come across this before?

cheers,

Carl

Is this when testing in engineer utilities or actually setting the alarm and activating it? When testing in engineer utilities it will activate at the advisory volume.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi Breff,

It happens in both cases, although thinking about it, the alarm activation has been tested on internal alarm only (i.e. bellbox on part-set delay timer). Not sure if that makes a difference but it's not effected the output from the expander?

cheers,

Carl

Archived