Security Installer Community

Viper Gl Sensors / Stopping The Led Flashing After

jontawn

Dear TSI,

I think I understand this correctly, but before I go and try it out, I wanted to run it past you guys for your thoughts / clarification!

We're using (Honeywell) Viper GL vibration/impact sensors on the windows, and the home owners little lad kicked his football against it whilst the alarm was off, causing the LED to activate, so, my thoughts were to connect an additional wire inside the sensor to the terminal for the led reset, and then the other end into the panel on one of the rio ouputs.

My question is, what would be the normal procedure to disarm it? obviously if its activated then the homeowner would like to see which sensor it was (should the window not be broken / an attempted break-in) but then perhaps would I need to create a custom output 'item' on the touch screen for them to reset? or would it need to be done via a pin entry?

My confusion arises because i'm not familiar what the typical scenario would be to carry out a reset (using the 5th wire / rio output)

many thanks in advance,

Jonathan

if you have more than 1 on a zone then you cant have them auto reset. But the galaxy you have has an output designed to reset vipers at arm time. Just run the 0v supply for the vipers from a correctly programmed output.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

if you have more than 1 on a zone then you cant have them auto reset. But the galaxy you have has an output designed to reset vipers at arm time. Just run the 0v supply for the vipers from a correctly programmed output.

Ohhhh!!! I didnt know that!

..... would you be able to be a little more specific as to 'correctly programmed'?

thanks in advance,

Jonathan

sure

have a look on page 92 of the install manual at option 08

08=0V Detector Reset (Pulse)

The 0V Detector Reset (Pulse) output is used to power detectors that require a momentary power interruption

to reset them, for example, break glass or vibration detectors. This output reverses its polarity

(changes from 0V to 12V) for the period of the Pulse output mode when the setting procedure has been

initiated. The output should only be assigned to one group.

NOTE: When installing detectors that require to be powered from a OV Detector Reset output, connect

the positive lead of the detector to the 12V terminal of a power supply and the negative lead to OV

Detector Output output terminal. Do not change the Output Polarity to 1=Neg: it must remain

as positive polarity.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi Redbull / anyone else who cares to read this.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction with this, i've now sorted it and the sensors now have a pulsed reset as needed.

However, in the, what i assume is the revised manual, the option is still 08, but now titled "Switch DC (Pulse)" and the page is '6-96'

hope this helps anyone else ;)

cheers,

jt

Archived