Security Installer Community

Galaxy Rf Issues

indigodigital

Galaxy G2+44, Proxi keypad and RF Portal have all gone in well, and wired door + PIRs, wireless PIRs and Prox tags all work a treat.

However the Wireless door transmitter ( 5816HUK) is not picked up on the control panel, neither does the wireless key transmitter (5804H).

If it were just one of them I would suspect duff kit (its all new) but 2 seems odd, especially as all the PIRs (honeywell ones) are fine.

Any suggestions for diagnostics here. The manual is very light on RF stuff

Batteries test ok, tamper loop is closed on the door transmitter.

So I assume I am missing something?

not all domonial bits work on versions of portal and this is also dependant upon panel software version. I dont have my list to hand of what works with what though.

thanks. I checked on the Honeywell website and it has both of these down as compatible with the Galaxy. But make no mention of software. Panel is brand new, so I am assuming its current.

That link shows what compatible with a Classic/G3 etc using an RF rio, not the periphs that work on the portal with a G2

Thanks, just found this Honeywell G2 chart

which implies that the 2 devices will work, but via the ECP port and not the RF Portal. Very annoying, so off back to the supplier who said at all worked!

Thanks for all the help!

Archived