Security Installer Community

Firmware & Keypad Compatibility Galaxy G2

Dabsbhatti

I've got a G2+44 v 1.10 firmware.

At the moment I have two non proxy keypads installed. I think i'm right in saying that if I want to add an additional PROXY keypad (or replace one of the existing keypads) I need to upgrade the firmware to ver 1.18 or above. Can somebody please confirm if this is the case and how to get the firmware and complete this task. Honeywell don't talk us individuals, but if this can be done via PSTN and any engineers are willing to do I'll happily pay for the service.

Also, to manage this panel I guess I will need to get the correct software. Can somebody clarify which that would be with version numbers, I'm getting conflicting info as to wether its Galaxy gold or RSS. And using this software could I manage the software via the RS232 interface as well as an ethernet module.

If anybody knows any good websites for home automation with (especially with Galaxy G2) please let me know.

Thanks

To use an ethernet module you will need v1.4 firmware in the panel. This cannot be upgraded remotly and will need an upgrade loom and software for the laptop.

Yoy never been able to use gal gold on G2's but the latest RSS will work and is required for the latest firmware of G2's (ie v1.4)

You can still have 3 prox keypads (keyprox) on v1.1 - v1.4

I doubt the G2 is popular with HA sites as they tend to want full unrestricted accedd to the panel via 232. And the G2-20's dont have a serial port. Also being a proper pro panel it is very restricted and secure getting access to it.

Its easier with a G3, classic and dimension as the 232 ports can be configured as printer ports. This allows you to plug into the panel and resposnd to events. ie we have an application for showing sensors etc on a floorplan for the bigger gals.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived