Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448+ ~ How Do You Power Down System ?

itworks22

Personally i dont think the company are at fault. You also shouldnt be able to put a system into engineering mode yourself. Its a seperate subject though.

I can see you think the security company should have done more to help you, but they will of offered you a service agreement which would of (i assume) included out of hours and in hours call outs etc. From what i can see apart from the engineer mode bits they have not done anything different to us or any other professional security company.

Good luck with your problem though

James

Hi Redbull - No, you've misunderstood me as have a few others on this board. I rang up the installers at 5pm last night asking for some advice (not expecting an out-of hours call-out) to see me through to the next day. Nothing was offered even though they knew who I was - I worked out myself that if I put it in Engineer Access mode at least I could sleep easy last night. I came on to the forum seeking reassurance for this and ALARMGUARD kindly gave me this in his reply - for which I'm very grateful.

I'm a computer network engineer and clients from donkey's years back expect us to have instant recall of their systems when they have a problem even when they don't have a service contract with us. We always help and in the long run - somehow we always benefit from giving them help. This industry seems peculiarly self-defensive about it's methods ?

Alan

I was happy to give you 'non specific' advise.

... but it is correct for alarm companies to be very limited with assistance over the phone for numerous reasons .... reasons which could jeopardise your insurance cover, which isn't an issue with computers. Different industries. Comparisons are unfair.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I was happy to give you 'non specific' advise.

... but it is correct for alarm companies to be very limited with assistance over the phone for numerous reasons .... reasons which could jeopardise your insurance cover, which isn't an issue with computers. Different industries. Comparisons are unfair.

HERE , HERE

Archived