Security Installer Community

Alarm Selection Advice

EddyP

Hello there Eddy,

You seem to have worked things out quite logically..

Well, personally, i would use the Honeywell Galaxy 16 or 18, but, they are not a DIY panel and can get awkward.

I do quite like the Veritas Excel, and Texecom equipment is nice and easy to install.

The equipment you have mentioned sounds fine for the job, just ensure you DO use D/Tec in the conservatory and garage to avoid problems.

Almost any panel can be made to use SMS texting with the use of a SMS Text/Voice Dialer. Texecom make a perfectly good one.

I have used some of the cheaper PIR's by Honeywell and at first I was also worried but have had no problems with these at all, they are very sensitive out of the box though. I would be interested what the other guys say on this though... But i would say there are no issues to use these and have been quite realiable for me.

With regards to the entry zone, you are more secure having a second RKP upstairs, but less likely to have false alarms by people straying if the PIR is an entry zone.

You can always do both, if someone strays, they still have time to unset.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Lee.

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Hello there Eddy,

You seem to have worked things out quite logically..

Well, personally, i would use the Honeywell Galaxy 16 or 18, but, they are not a DIY panel and can get awkward.

I do quite like the Veritas Excel, and Texecom equipment is nice and easy to install.

The equipment you have mentioned sounds fine for the job, just ensure you DO use D/Tec in the conservatory and garage to avoid problems.

Almost any panel can be made to use SMS texting with the use of a SMS Text/Voice Dialer. Texecom make a perfectly good one.

I have used some of the cheaper PIR's by Honeywell and at first I was also worried but have had no problems with these at all, they are very sensitive out of the box though. I would be interested what the other guys say on this though... But i would say there are no issues to use these and have been quite realiable for me.

With regards to the entry zone, you are more secure having a second RKP upstairs, but less likely to have false alarms by people straying if the PIR is an entry zone.

You can always do both, if someone strays, they still have time to unset.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Lee.

could get really awkward if you was to try and buy a galaxy 16 or 18 new!! :whistle

as above old classics (18's 60's etc) are no longer available.

You have the choice of the galaxy 2 series (2-20 or 2-44) or the galaxy dimension.

although then saying that there are still a few old p.c.bs in stock!!

Talk for yourself :whistle:

Depends on local stock i guess, may not be NEW manufacture but unused are still avail locally.

For a customer it would be the 2-44 though, as its the min work will supply.

Lee

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived