Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16 And Speech Dialer

NEEpps

There are 4 programmable outputs available on the 16 plus. They are located on the bottom right hand corner of the PCB. You should use outputs 1, 2 and 4 as output 3 requires a bit of wiring up. You can change the function of these outputs from engineer mode. 2 and 4 come programmed as PA and Set respectively. 3 comes programmed as Intruder, but you have to connect the middle terminal on the output to a negative, then connect the left hand terminal to the input of your speech dialer.

Trade Member

Antinode,

Many thanks foe your reply. I have connected the dialer successfully and programed outputs 1,2 and 4. I notice that there is no aux tamper on the Galaxy 16 PCB. Is there any way to connect the tamper terminals on dialer to the PCB?

Many thanks again.

Regards

Neil

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. I do have a spare zone but the Galaxy 16 does not have a zone settingf for Tamper. The only 24hr zone setting is 'security'. When connected to the zone the message 'tamper o/c' is displayed.

Regards

Neil

You need to use the resistors as described in the manual on the dialer tamper so it see's the right resistances for open and closed circuit.

Without them, its just a direct short, or infinite resistance and that would give you the tamper o/c (open circuit) when the tamper is open.

The dialer manual was no help at all. It just states that connections are provided to the host control panel if required. I have connected the dialer tamper to a spare zone with a 1k resistor in line. All is now working successfully.

many thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Regards

Neil

Archived