Security Installer Community

Scantronic 500 R +

I have a Scantronic r+ wireless alarm. Several weeks ago the low battery alarm started to sound. I replaced the main battery using the users code to silence the tamper alarm. After replacing the main battery I pressed reset. As this did not cure the alarm indication I thought that the Battery, although new could be at fault, so I replaced it. I have now replaced this battery three times without clearing the indication, and the low battery sounder and light is lit. Any assistance gratefully received.

I have a Scantronic r+ wireless alarm. Several weeks ago the low battery alarm started to sound. I replaced the main battery using the users code to silence the tamper alarm. After replacing the main battery I pressed reset. As this did not cure the alarm indication I thought that the Battery, although new could be at fault, so I replaced it. I have now replaced this battery three times without clearing the indication, and the low battery sounder and light is lit. Any assistance gratefully received.

I'm going from memory here and I don't have a 500r manual to hand but are you sure that the low battery light refers to the panel battery?

I suspect it refers to one of the detector batteries, have you tried changing the batteries in any detection devices?

If there is no zone LED showing, then its more likely to be one of the Keyfob (Remote setting device) batteries..

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

• 4 weeks later...

if a zone pir battery is running low that zones light will come on with low battery light ,,

if the phob or keypad is running low the pa light with low battery will come on

both with the audible alarm you have had

if you have had this happen even on one zone

i would recomend you go round and change every battery in every pir and keypad

assuming it is over 12 - 18 months old??

and always put good quality battery in

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived