Security Installer Community

Integrated Zoom Camera Solution

sjonley

Hi Guys

I have a site that has two Samsung SDZ-300's located in External housings. What I need is an engineering solution to the following.

Originally the idea behind the cameras were to be triggered to zoom via presets on a GJD wireless opal trigger.

The problem that I have is that there was never a solution fitted to the cameras to allow the zoom facility to work via the opals.

I have attached a basic schematic to show current configuration.

I know the following:

1. The SDZ-300 has preset capability via RS485 control

2. The SDZ-300 has zoom direct lens control but not via presets

3. The Wireless Opals Transmitters do not have local outputs

4. DVR is a DM DS2

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Arthur

I have the manual already.

I did look to use a BBV Receiver but BBV have said that since the camera only has preset capability, software development would be needed to have the samsung protocol added, at a cost.

I'm looking for alternative solutions.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Arthur

I have the manual already.

I did look to use a BBV Receiver but BBV have said that since the camera only has preset capability, software development would be needed to have the samsung protocol added, at a cost.

I'm looking for alternative solutions.

ok, thought someone might have had a solution for you on the existing kit - some very clever people in here, and i make them look that way :lol:

much easier to say "look at P10 and connect y to z ....." than try to exsplain in words only or using a scanned in a piccy

just to be clear then, are you happy to swap out the cameras? if so why not simply go for a PTZ with alarm stops as might overal be your best solution, depends on your site and clients budget obviously.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Guys

I have a site that has two Samsung SDZ-300's located in External housings. What I need is an engineering solution to the following.

Originally the idea behind the cameras were to be triggered to zoom via presets on a GJD wireless opal trigger.

The problem that I have is that there was never a solution fitted to the cameras to allow the zoom facility to work via the opals.

I know the following:

4. DVR is a DM DS2

Any ideas?

No idea on the sdz what ever it is, but if you dont have preset pots on it then you aint gonna be able to make it preset zoom.

The wireless opels wont have any outputs on em ... as they are wireless, but the reciever will have clean relays for each transmitter.

looking at the manual it says it has a pelco d option available. Assuming thats on this one, then use pelco d protocol to drive the camera (and lens with preset info etc) then you will need a pelco d telemetry reciever to control the ptz, and this will handle the position presetting. Then use the dm to run the protocol, presets and alarm inputs.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

from what i've quickley just read of the manual, and the clients requirements (i missed them 1st time round). i can't see really how these camera's would ever do what was actually needed.

if i were in your shoe's the 1st action would be to advise the original client to contact the original installer to complete the works as contracted. if that means them to return and set up or change for units which will inteface with the Opals so be it, but they may also already have a software solution.

i'd be very surprised if anyone would 'wing it' on a system, especially given all the ancillary bits seem to be in place to complete, might be the install engineer left the company, and messages did not get passed on - it happens.

if thats not the case or they have shut down for instance, having advised the 1st course you will look far more professional thn them and showing such clean cut approach and concern for the client you will gain their trust.

then you have far stronger ground to advise on a better alternative from a clean slate approach, rather than mouching around on what could be a badly conceived scheme with no real confidence of success.

the above is how i always work, removes the risks of rods for you back caused by others, i find it brings in custom due to the honest and open approach, so i'd give it a go

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

just a case of 1 sales guy who didnt know designing it id say.

Cant see why you waould to use of those cams mind, but thats by the by.

Is there any more kit there thats relevant, ie telemetry, ptz units etc? or are they purly zooming?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi Guys

I know the following:

4. DVR is a DM DS2

Any ideas?

The camera has a comms connection on the back for an optional wired remote control. I was thinking that you could use this connection and connect it to your DM DS2's data set it up for pelco d protocol which will work on samsung camera's, then set up some presets using your zoom & focus control and send the camera to these presets via your alarm inputs. You would have to run a suitable data cable to the cameras though. I know you can setup zoom and focus presets via the wired remote so in theory this should work best do a bench test first though.

Archived