Security Installer Community

Pss Firequest Panel Advice

gundog

Hi,

My company is looking in to supplying / fitting the PSS Firequest range of addressable fire panels,

I would be gratefull for any advice, GOOD or BAD experiences anyone has had with this panel.

Many Thanks in advance

Paul

We did the training with them a few years ago now ... and got stitched up over the software.... i think their top techy left a while back that caused them some problems.....

We only look after a couple of these but personally I can't say I'm taken with them and I know our engineers dread touching them..... may just be unfamiliarity....

We did the training with them a few years ago now ... and got stitched up over the software.... i think their top techy left a while back that caused them some problems.....

We only look after a couple of these but personally I can't say I'm taken with them and I know our engineers dread touching them..... may just be unfamiliarity....

This seems to be the general concenseous, I have spoke to a couple of different engineers recently and no one is giving glowing reports. Thanks for your answer,

Have to pay an annual fee for the dongle to go with the software, also if you change your laptop you need to pay again to get the dongle working. Panels have some good features but my experience although slightly limited is that they are a bit hit and miss, have had loop learns abort by themselves half way through, loop learns not pick up devices, loop learns that would not give a report at the end and on it goes!!!

Went up for the training and spent most of the day listening to the MD go on about how good the panels are and where they are used.

Have to pay an annual fee for the dongle to go with the software, also if you change your laptop you need to pay again to get the dongle working. Panels have some good features but my experience although slightly limited is that they are a bit hit and miss, have had loop learns abort by themselves half way through, loop learns not pick up devices, loop learns that would not give a report at the end and on it goes!!!

Went up for the training and spent most of the day listening to the MD go on about how good the panels are and where they are used.

Thanks for your input steve much appreciated.

Anyone else had any experiences?

In my experience they have been nothing but trouble :ranting:

We ripped one out last year that fell over and ripped another one out a couple of months ago that had only been installed 2 years. I did an RI on it myself and when I put the panel back together it lost the repeater. I tried all the usual things then did a re boot and lost a whole loop as well :realmad:

Fitted an Advanced panel and no problems at all :rolleyes:

My general opinion is that they are just too unreliable. I didnt really like their attitude either when I spoke to them :angry2:

In my experience they have been nothing but trouble :ranting:

We ripped one out last year that fell over and ripped another one out a couple of months ago that had only been installed 2 years. I did an RI on it myself and when I put the panel back together it lost the repeater. I tried all the usual things then did a re boot and lost a whole loop as well :realmad:

Fitted an Advanced panel and no problems at all :rolleyes:

My general opinion is that they are just too unreliable. I didnt really like their attitude either when I spoke to them :angry2:

Dosn`t sound like the ideal panel for a friday afternoon then! :whistle:

Don't know fire systems that well but if this was an Intruder system that was doing that on the bench or in the field (if it made it that far), it would be the only one fitted, ripped out sent back, something else in it's place and our money back etc..

After all it would be in both ours and our customers best interests and peace of mind if the thing did what it was supposed to not FA / loose stuff randomly and as this is a Fire system it's doubly important it works consistantly.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Only seen one once, and never again I hope. Customer tried a weekly test on a mcp and nothing .

Went to site and found that over half of the devices on loop 1 had vanished from the memory. Had to re learn them back onto the loop 1 by 1. Took ages, customer not happy, neither was I.

Tech support a joke!

Just my experience and humble opinion of course

Archived