Security Installer Community

A few questions

Guest jabaroon

Guest jabaroon

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions that you might be able to help me with....

- One of the connectors on the Alarm PCB is called "Bell Hold Off". What is this and what does it do?

- Right beside the bell hold off connector is another called "Self-Activating Bell Tamper Loop". What is this for?

- When wiring PIR's, where do you normally take the power supply from? Surely not from the transformer? The panel in question does not have any AUX outputs for power. I have examined a similar panel installation and it would appear that the power is coming from the External Bell outputs. This doesn't make sence to me! Can some one help/explain!!

Thanks,

Jab

PS - Panels Im using are Aritech CD34 and CD61

Bell Hold off is the bellbox NEGATIVE supply

Self-Activating Bell Tamper Loop is the return voltage from the Hold Off when its passed through the bellbox tamper switch or springs.

When wiring PIR's, where do you normally take the power supply from? Your right, the detectors are normally fed from the AUX terminals but if there arent any ? then I dont see why there would be any problems using the Bell hold off`s to supply the detectors so long as there arent too many sounders or multiple bellboxes being used.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived