Security Installer Community

NeXuS Security Systems

Guest UKS

I'm looking for someone to take over monitoring and maintaince of a system from //.National Installer.// (long story... don't ask).

I've had a number of guys round to give a quote, but the most important thing is a company which is reliable when it comes to monitoring the system. When a PA button is pushed, for example the call centre must have the police on route ASAP, and not when they've finished their coffee break or game of solitare on the PC.

One company I'm looking at is called: NeXuS Security Systems, ever heard of them? Seem to get on well with the tec who came round (always a plus not a sales bloke).

Any other suggestions would be nice, company covering London, monitoring currently costs £31 per month.

Btw do small alarm cos share call centres, or does a 3rd party act as call centre for example. By call centre I mean the receiving centre.

Thanks.

for example the call centre must have the police on route ASAP, and not when they've finished their coffee break or game of solitare on the PC.

No one can gaurantee Police attendance these days, and anyone who says they can are talking rubbish.

If the system is installed to comply with current codes of practice then changing alarm companies is straight forward, if it doesn't comply then the best option is to stick with //.National Installer.//.

Generally moniroting is provided by third party ARC's who we contract too, this is arranged by the alarm company and not the customer.

And if you want a quote in London Call me.

Good point about Police attendance. ARC's performance in measured on fast alarm activations especially life threatening i.e FIRE & PA. Once the call has been passed over to the Police, your in their hands as to when they attend the premises.

Price for your monitoring sounds abit steep - £31 a MONTH, is that London prices?

RedCARE or Digicom?

:rolleyes:

Technical Manager

NSI/LPC Approved Alarm Receiving Centre

South Manchester

Guest Peter James

My ARC (thats alarm recieving centre for those of you still calling them cs) dont have party's whilst their working. (Theyre NSI gold too)

And they will also send the Police imediately without abort time ect for a pa on a level one system.

Colins statement refers to how the Police respond not to how quick the arc reports it. He was refering that no-one (not even //.National Installer.//) exept the Police have control over Police responce times.

Pete ;)

Guest tiggerfromtyneside

I used to work for a company in the North East, They have ther own ARC and can now provide a direct audio link to the police, (e.g) Police can hear you being burgled, I dont know if that is a good thing or bad.

Never heard of the police accepting audio direct!

Do you mean the ARC can listen in?. That is common practise

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

ps alarmgard,any level 1 customer will get policed on pa...where do you get your info from??

Police responce is dependant on manpower and resources available at the time of the activation. Simply because the system qualifies for a level 1 response is no guarantee that the Police will attend.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living on their own planet. ;)

Guest binty69

A P/A activation cannot be aborted once passed to the relevant Police Force. If it does turn out to be a false alarm, this will still count against the subscriber!!!!

Alarmguard is correct in saying, that any Level 1/Level 2 system will still receive response, dependant upon resources/manpower!!!!!!!!!

As for the Police Audio dialler, i think he must be on about A.R.C A.V, so far i'm not aware of any A.V direct to Police Control Rooms.

//.National Installer.// are not the only company to have their own ARC lots of firms have dedicated private ARC'S. Thats not to say that they are any better in house !!! and as for police responce even on level 1 the time is very variable depending on the police NOT the ARC.

No but the police can only be on route once the ARC have contacted them. What worries me is an ARC which is overloaded and have a backlog of calls or for example, one where only one member of staff watches over the system and each time he/she needs to go toilet you've got an extra 5 mins to the police time.

£32 is in London on digicom with //.National Installer.//, they've just sent a bill through for £25 for a new battery, which seems like a joke when they're being paid so much to maintain the system anyway.

Police response is very good from what I hear. When the average house price is £2 mil the police go out their way to protect the area, not to mention an apparent armed robbery at one of the houses. While working an alarm went off up the road, so had a lunch break and timed it, 1min 50secs for the first and a second squad car was there 3min 42sec. Think it was a false alarm.

It was a CHUBB alarm system (who don't do residential any more??)

Archived