Security Installer Community

Changing Panel Codes On Scantronic 9800

stevieg306

Shouldnt really be showing default codes on the site-pretty sure your post will be edited shortly.

Simple answer to the question is;

You need a user code to enter the user menus and an engineer code to enter engineers programming-and access to a eng manual to get anywhere!,be careful :rolleyes:

those codes can be easily got hold of, it even shows them in the manual which i have, the manual is the installation manual and i have just had a look through it and it does show how to change the user code, but what about the eng code

sorry if i broke any rules on the last post

EDIT: had a good look at the manual and it shows how to change eng code :D

Hi, If you have the engineer manual it shows how to to change the engineer code ;) -on the 9800 series it's pretty simple.

Apologies accepted about default codes!-We wouldn't be doing our job correctly if we let certain info pass on!-doesn't matter if it can be found elsewhere, at least we hold our heads high-if you know what I mean :rolleyes: .

Richard.

Sorted then eh!

Kind Regards, Richard.

Was the eng code at default, that you could use the installer manual to get this...

A scary thought... :ranting:

Installers take note...

I deleted the rest of this post, as I considered that it should not be posted on an open forum.

NitroN

i have a 9800 which i removed from a customers house (im a builder) and have refreshed the NVM so user code is 1234 and engineer code is xxxx. what i would lik to know is if i can change the codes without using an engineers keypad and if so how

thanks

steve

you don't need an engineers keypad, just the one that comes with it.

engineers code is changed from the engineers menu i.e. menu (21 i think) once in engineers mode, it and users codes can not start with a leading '0' .

user codes are changed or initially set up from customer mode, 4 users are available, so say user 1 is currently 1111, type this in you will then be allowed to change that code (key 4, see keypad legend), it askes for 'OC' flashing (enter old code 1111) then 'NC' new code flashing (4 digits).

as you have defaulted the panel to set up user 2 the same way but use 4 'A's as the OC (old user code),

ditto for user 3 using 4 x 'B's

ditto for user 4 using 4 x 'C's

tips

my advice is use '0' or '1' as the last digit, as having 1214, (with '4' being used to change codes, 7 for chime and so on) it is far to easy for users to accidenatlly change their code accidenatlly, so use a '0' as the last digit like 5670

keep a note of each code, and to which user number it was applied for later ammendments, as the A, B & C only works once to 'initiate' the code.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

of course he`s going to have to reproggramme all the other setttings too .................

and the manual has two or three errors in it.

good luck

Archived