Security Installer Community

HELP!!!

Guest qpr

I moved into my house two years ago and found that I had a Pyronix Paragon Plus alarm installed. The previous occupants were tenants and did not know the codes and neither did the estate agent. As someone who works in the electronics I (naively) assumed that the operating instructions would be located in the panel. So I decided to look in the panel, bad move. I set off the tamper alarm and then the outside bell, can't imagine the new neighbours were too chuffed. Using my electrical knowledge I was able to disconnect the bell and the keypad downstairs. I then decided the best course of action would be to contact an alarm company. After trying all the local companies I had to go further afield as none of the companies I spoke to would touch the Pyronix Paragon Plus system. The only company that would come out and do it (the far away one) wanted me to first take out a service and maintenance agreement and couldn't guarantee they would get it up and running! After exhaustive phone calls to Pyronix (not impressed with their customer service) and internet searching I was able to get copies of the installer and user manuals. Unfortunately the factory set engineers code must have been changed so I am still unable to access the panel and get my alarm up and running. Can anyone tell me how I can reset the alarm and reconfigure it for my usage or if there are any engineers codes that I can input to gain access to the panel. I appreciate that this kind of information cannot be posted in the public domain so can someone please email it to me. Again due to the sensitive nature of this information I am willing to provide proof of ID before any such info is passed on to me.

Guest Peter James

Hi Qpr

If you have the engineer manual then you already have the information you require. ;)

I personally dont like the Paragon plus either if you are unable to default it its not such a bad thing. As you are a novice a replacement panel may work out much better in the long run.

Peter :)

I've now managed to reset my panel! After sitting down and actually reading the installers manual. Why is it that engineers always think they know best and jump in half way through or is that just me? Anyway what I need now is information on where the wires I pulled actually go. The only one I have correctly proved is the remote keypad. I have another four loose ends! Can anyone provide me with the information I need to get my system fully up and running.

qpr,

Are these the bell wires you pulled out? if so it all depends on what type of bell-box you have , and how it was wired (has it got a strobe / tamper switch / SAB etc) best way to find out is a trip up the ladder, note the connections and wire colours.I would leave this until you have the system programmed and up and running (save your neighbours any more grief :o )

If you dont feel confident with this , get a pro in, ..worth it in the end.

Using my electrical knowledge I was able to disconnect the bell and the keypad

qpr , use this knowledge to determine what components are in your bell box , if you don't have a ladder , an AVO will do.As Pete said , you have the installer manual , this has all the info you require.There is no set colour code , for obvious reasons, but if you only have 4 cores there can't be many permutations. :ph34r:

• 8 months later...
qpr said:
I've now managed to reset my panel! After sitting down and actually reading the installers manual. Why is it that engineers always think they know best and jump in half way through or is that just me? Anyway what I need now is information on where the wires I pulled actually go. The only one I have correctly proved is the remote keypad. I have another four loose ends! Can anyone provide me with the information I need to get my system fully up and running.

15091[/snapback]

qpr, when you say you managed to reset your panel did you do it by using the factory default engineer code (####) or had that been changed and you found a way to default it back to that factory default?

• 4 months later...
Guest salva

Hi qpr,

Perhaps you can help me out. I installed the Paragon Plus about 8 years ago,and it's worked fine since. I set up useand engineers codes etc, and have used the user code ever since. The alsrm is now playing up giving spurious alarms, but I can't find the manual to check out the history, don't remember the engineers code or what buttons to press for the fault log. A copy of the manual would help greatly, a photocopy ar scanned pages would be great.

My email address is salvatorepanico@hotmail.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived