Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 - Problems

kwc

Hi All,

Has anyone had problems with these panels blowing fuses for no reason (mains side) and also watchdog faults?

Iam asking because we had about 4 panels at separate sites having this problem.

two of the sites was a replacement for a existing scantronic (no Problems before hand).

Took 595 out and put in an 816 (known to be good) and cured problem.

Reports back from Risco say they have had no others returned.

Any problems let me know.

confirmed, no probs this end with them :unsure:

i'm assuming metal end stations with 17ah batts fitted, if theses sites are prone to mains failure, the 'kick' into the 17ah when half flat might be the reason for the fuse going, sort of failure by attrition. other than that i'd also wonder if you had got a batch of panels fitted with a faulty batch of/or underated fuses? as not much room for error if you use the specified rated fuse. which i can't think what is stated for it off hand

would recommend to stretch the spring in the batery inline fuse holder on installation, as they tend to be a bit weak (all panels).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the info.

We have changed each panel at site and have had no further problems!

Panels in stock at time were returned to Risco and new batch supplied.

Risco checked returned "faulty" panels and found one with a faulty cap and one where an ic was running hot and they say all ok on testing and maybe WE had a stray wire in the panel shorting out the board!

A bit of an insult really after having 4 together then none afterwards.

I love them too, but to have 4 faulty in a short time makes me think of a faulty batch.

Apart from this problem they have been the most stable panel i have used in the 28 years of working with alarms.

You have just reminded me about the time we had 2 euro keypads go up in flames because of faulty caps in them!

i had a G816 'smoke' a keypad pcb, a bit of a trickey fault to suss, traced it out to be caused by a short on some pirs which were eroneously powered from an expander rail during works done by then, an engineer who had left.

but i'll get him back - one day :bruce_h4h:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived