Security Installer Community

Concept Pro & Telemetry

spider

Bit of a problem that I would like help with please.

Concept VXM4 -4 DVR connected to keyboard via Serial Converter, 2 PTZ domes on the system, telemetry from the 485 connectors on the rear of the DVR.

If I connect the domes to the keyboard directly, without the DVR, the domes fully work

If I connect the domes and the serial converter connected to the DVR, I can control the domes and when I select the camera, the DVR changes screen, but I can't control the domes from the front of the DVR

If I connect the domes to the DVR 485 out, I can control the domes from the front of the DVR

If I connect the domes to the DVR 485 out and the keyboard to the serial converter, I can't control domes from the keyboard, its as though the keybaord is not being recgonised, however, when I select a camera on the keyboard (with the monitor ptz bottom screen display up) I can change which camer is shown but not take control.

Sorry its a bit confusing, its like catchphrase, say what you see!!

Bit stuck and wanted to play over the weekend, anyone had a similar problem or can point me in the right direction.

Ta

Update:

Problem is with the VXM4 4 channel DVR is not capable to operate PTZ commands from a number of sources, these being 1) the internet 2) the DVR front panel & 3) the Keyboard without re-booting the DVR each time.

So, if you want to do all of the following (which isn't abnormal!!!) you have to go for the 8 channel version, also you do not need the RS232 to 485 converter.

Now your as wise as me ;-)

Update:

Problem is with the VXM4 4 channel DVR is not capable to operate PTZ commands from a number of sources, these being 1) the internet 2) the DVR front panel & 3) the Keyboard without re-booting the DVR each time.

So, if you want to do all of the following (which isn't abnormal!!!) you have to go for the 8 channel version, also you do not need the RS232 to 485 converter.

Now your as wise as me ;-)

Hi Ian

Very useful info. I was onto their tech support only last on similar topics, albeit with the 16way. I was a little concerned by the answers given (one word grunts). Will make note of your findings.

A

Archived