Security Installer Community

Setting Up My Own Company

Ok so im pretty new to the cctv game, but i am looking at setting up a data engineering company that includes telecoms, data telecoms, networking, SDH, and cctv. Maybe getting into the man guarding side of things as well, using my ex army friends who will all be DV cleared. Im a complete noob as to the ins and outs of running my own business and really ima fter somewhere to start that will tell me what it would involve. For example how do you guys go about looking for contracts? do you advertise or cold call etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so im pretty new to the cctv game, but i am looking at setting up a data engineering company that includes telecoms, data telecoms, networking, SDH, and cctv. Maybe getting into the man guarding side of things as well, using my ex army friends who will all be DV cleared. Im a complete noob as to the ins and outs of running my own business and really ima fter somewhere to start that will tell me what it would involve. For example how do you guys go about looking for contracts? do you advertise or cold call etc.

Hi, get networking! the chamber of commerce will have lots of free talks to attend. Even if they are of no interest to you it still gives yuo a chance to hand out your business card - as already mentioned business link are brilliant for FREE assistance and more talks to network at.

try joining a local networking group - round here they all meet at breakfast time which allows you to not miss any work time - another good place to hand out yur cards and tell people about yur self.

have a load of flyers made up (photo copies if money is tight) glossy if you are flush! and pound the pavements, when I was helping my wife set up her therapy business it worked out at something like 1 new customer for every 40 flyers.

hope the above helps

Graham

Hi, get networking! the chamber of commerce will have lots of free talks to attend. Even if they are of no interest to you it still gives yuo a chance to hand out your business card - as already mentioned business link are brilliant for FREE assistance and more talks to network at.

try joining a local networking group - round here they all meet at breakfast time which allows you to not miss any work time - another good place to hand out yur cards and tell people about yur self.

have a load of flyers made up (photo copies if money is tight) glossy if you are flush! and pound the pavements, when I was helping my wife set up her therapy business it worked out at something like 1 new customer for every 40 flyers.

hope the above helps

Graham

This is also handy if you dont have any contents/buildings/life insurance, because you will by the time your egg n bacon turn up.

Archived