Security Installer Community

Faults On Morley

jbuk69

Afternoon fellas

I am not a fire alarm engineer, however the firm I work for have had a system installed, the system a Morley zx5 panel with apollo detectors has now shown two faults, the first is a 'no rely' and the second is a 'double address'.

The system has been working fine and I can't get in touch with anyone to help me explain whats going on!

I know its probaly something very simple but this is not in my normal remit, so any help would be greatly welcomed.

sounds like a unit has either had its address changed or chnaged its address. ie ones missing, and another has 2 replying on the same address.

When was it last serviced and what do they say?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The problem is with the device that is missing or no reply. The device is seen by the panel as a duplicated address. Most likely causes are with a detector:-

1). Not allocated in its base properly, check that led aligns with nib on base.

2). Base fixings too tight causing base to warp.

Good luck.

Fire alarms are life saving systems & in accordance with the RRO they must only be maintained by a competant person.

See here - http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/fire/pdf/150952.pdf (section 2 - 2.2)

Working on it yourself (especially without knowledge of the particular system) is not an option.

Please contact a fire alarm comapny in your local area to carry out any servicing and/or repairs.

Thanks,

C.

:)

Guest Thunderfingers

Yup - check the xpert card address on both devices.If it's been sitting normal then there a fair chance someone has been tinkering with the detector and either not put it back in right (most likely) or been at the address card (not as likely!!).

Afternoon fellas

I am not a fire alarm engineer, however the firm I work for have had a system installed, the system a Morley zx5 panel with apollo detectors has now shown two faults, the first is a 'no rely' and the second is a 'double address'.

The system has been working fine and I can't get in touch with anyone to help me explain whats going on!

I know its probaly something very simple but this is not in my normal remit, so any help would be greatly welcomed.

The problem is very simple. There is a detector that is either faulty giving out a wrong address or you have someone tampering with the detectors taking them out and not putting them back properly. First go to the device that says it is giving no reply and check that it is clicked in the base properly, then reset the system. If that does not clear and still shows no reply and double address elsewqhere then that detector is faulty and needs replacement.

Any problems give me a call - Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

• 2 weeks later...

i've had a few occasions where the detector base has been tightened to tightly to a soft false ceiling tile, warping the base and in-turn preventing the xpert card from pushing the address nibs on the detector in correctly (giving the double address).

check the detector which is showing 'No Reply' and loosen the m4's slightly. if the detector does not click onto the base easily do not force it, if you do have to force the detector onto the base - replace the base and dont over-tighten the m4's!

if this fails replace both detector and base.

I would recommend that a qualified engineer complete this for you

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen this a few times and it sounds like the device giving no reply has got moisture or water in it. Almost every time I have come accross this it effects the reporting of the correct address giving the exact fault described.

• 2 weeks later...

from my experience with apollo xpert cards. it is possible one of the address buttons has fell out of the card, when this happens the panel sees the detector as a different address which may already be in use on the loop, this would give you the device missing (no reply) and the double address fault. check the card in the device showing no reply.

Archived