Security Installer Community

2 Texecom Bell Boxes

LED

Hi everyone

I currently have two of these working fine connected off one an other. I would like to know if you can wire them directly to my premier 24 metal end station, instead of wiring from first bell box to 2nd box. If so can someone give me the connections. I am currently having an extension to the house, so I need to rewire them hopefully from the end station.

cheers

LED

Hi everyone

I currently have two of these working fine connected off one an other. I would like to know if you can wire them directly to my premier 24 metal end station, instead of wiring from first bell box to 2nd box. If so can someone give me the connections. I am currently having an extension to the house, so I need to rewire them hopefully from the end station.

cheers

LED

Yes it's easy and IMHO the best method because it's easier to fault find when both cables come back to the panel.

Connect the + hold off from both sounders to the respective terminal on the panel.

Connect the switched - from both sounders to the S- on the panel

Connect the Strobe - from both sounders to the strobe output on the panel

Connect the - Hold off from sounder 1 to respective terminal on panel

Connect the - return from sounder 1 to the - hold off on sounder 2 (using a terminal block)

Connect the - return from sounder 2 to the -r terminal on the panel

If the two sounders you already have are connected properly at the moment what I have just described is the same except the connections are at the panel instead of in one of the sounders.

Hope this helps but I suspect a diagram would be better, sadly I'm not clever enough to post diagrams!

PS. You can connect any number of sounders in the same way subject to the panel being able to deliver enough current.

Many Thanks for your help. I can now proceed connecting up.

cheers

LED

You're welcome, let us know how you get on.

One thing worth checking and sometimes overlooked is checking that both sounders signal a tamper condition to the panel when the tamper switche is activated on the sounder.

Yes it's easy and IMHO the best method because it's easier to fault find when both cables come back to the panel.

Connect the + hold off from both sounders to the respective terminal on the panel.

Connect the switched - from both sounders to the S- on the panel

Connect the Strobe - from both sounders to the strobe output on the panel

Connect the - Hold off from sounder 1 to respective terminal on panel

Connect the - return from sounder 1 to the - hold off on sounder 2 (using a terminal block)

Connect the - return from sounder 2 to the -r terminal on the panel

If the two sounders you already have are connected properly at the moment what I have just described is the same except the connections are at the panel instead of in one of the sounders.

Hope this helps but I suspect a diagram would be better, sadly I'm not clever enough to post diagrams!

PS. You can connect any number of sounders in the same way subject to the panel being able to deliver enough current.

Don't wire as above, I know of at least 2 manufacturers panels that will go into bell tamper when the sirens are activated due to low voltage returning to the panel.

Wire them as instructed in the Odyssey manual and make sure you set one to SCB.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Don't wire as above, I know of at least 2 manufacturers panels that will go into bell tamper when the sirens are activated due to low voltage returning to the panel.

Wire them as instructed in the Odyssey manual and make sure you set one to SCB.

And if they're not Odyssey's?

I would advise the OP to note the current wiring as it seems to be working fine at the moment and try to replicate it , but do the interconnecting back at the panel.

Archived