Security Installer Community

Height For Fap?

Baracus

Is there anything in the Fire regs for the mounting height of a FAP?

I have mounted 23 panels on a site with the display at eye level and one of the subbies came along and mounted his tight to the suspended ceiling.

The fella commissioning the panels never commented on it but surely there is a maximum height for an addressable FAP with LCD display? :unsure:

Is there anything in the Fire regs for the mounting height of a FAP?

I have mounted 23 panels on a site with the display at eye level and one of the subbies came along and mounted his tight to the suspended ceiling.

The fella commissioning the panels never commented on it but surely there is a maximum height for an addressable FAP with LCD display? :unsure:

nothing specific but eye level is the norm

Guest Thunderfingers
nothing specific but eye level is the norm

...and ceiling height = lazy basket of an electrician!

I have read somewhere of a council insisting that the panel be installed at around 1 metre for DDA reasons!

I have just replaced one today. It was at least 6 ft high. There was cables terminated and joined within the trunking. It was a right mess !!

I have fitted the new panel a little below eye level due to other obstructions but at least you dont need steps to service it now :realmad:

I have read somewhere of a council insisting that the panel be installed at around 1 metre for DDA reasons!

what a nonsense. DDA my ****. what about the rest of us able bodied people having to get down on our knees to use it..That discrimination against us.

typical of this ever becoming joke of a country.

A nursing home where we maintain the alarm has had an extension built, alarm installed by electricians.

Control panel LCD is about 30 inches above the floor I have to kneel down to read it), the sparkies have refused to move it to a better height as "people in wheelchairs need to be able to read it"!!!!!

The repeater panel in main reception is sited about 66 inches above ground level (just fine as far as I am concerned.

I believe the owner is going to query which one is correct!

Fire Member

exactly!

All the cables were left long enough so there's no reason it couldn't have been dropped in a bit of 2x2 like ALL 23 other panels I fitted were.

I wouldve thought there would be some sort of regulation for this :unsure:

FAP level = fit at penis level for all you sparkies and DDA purists

Archived