Security Installer Community

Gardtec Speech Dialer

I'm just laying the cabling around the floorboards, 50% done so far - I never knew there were so many power cables in this old house.

With the dialler, it doesn't seem like there is an installer manual (can't even see it on risco's site) so I'm not sure how many cable runs I need to do to and from the unit.

I'm using 8 core cable. The unit has 3 inputs. Obviously Intruder is one... I'm not too fussed about the other two triggers at the moment but then I don't want to have to rip up the carpet later if I think I need one for PA etc. SO.

Will one 8core run be enough or...?

Thnx,

Alex

You will need 2 cores for power, 2 cores for tamper, plus 1 core for each trigger, and possibly one for the line fault output. So, one 8 core will do all that with 3 triggers. You also need to run a phone line in, should be on a seperate cable, so run 2 8 core cables and you will be OK.

Trade Member

You will need 2 cores for power, 2 cores for tamper, plus 1 core for each trigger, and possibly one for the line fault output. So, one 8 core will do all that with 3 triggers. You also need to run a phone line in, should be on a seperate cable, so run 2 8 core cables and you will be OK.

Not one 8core for power and triggers etc, and one BT cable to do it properly.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

A friend of mine had his house rewired - I told him to get a quote on running some cat5 around the house whilst it's all messy (this was a few years back pre-WIFI)... told him to make sure it's not run in the same channels as the mains... guess what. feh, beggers belief.

Archived