Security Installer Community

Avaya Argent Office

Lectrician

Anyone familiar with this system? I have never worked on one.

Been asked to quote to install 4 additional extensions to this system (6 yr old).

There is no spare ports, just a single 6 port module is installed.

I assume you just plug an addional 8 or 16 port module into the unit and get programming?

I have also been asked if I can add addional lines too. I am assuming these can only be ISDN (they have taken it upon themselfs to have two PSTN lines installed ready!). The unit only has two BRI ports visible, can more be added to the main CCU, or is this an additional module again?

Any litterature around? I could really do with the eng manual and programming guide to set up the ring groups and DDI's etc. How is the programming done? From a phone or over the LAN?

Not dug very deeply yet!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Anyone familiar with this system? I have never worked on one.

Been asked to quote to install 4 additional extensions to this system (6 yr old).

There is no spare ports, just a single 6 port module is installed.

I assume you just plug an addional 8 or 16 port module into the unit and get programming?

I have also been asked if I can add addional lines too. I am assuming these can only be ISDN (they have taken it upon themselfs to have two PSTN lines installed ready!). The unit only has two BRI ports visible, can more be added to the main CCU, or is this an additional module again?

Any litterature around? I could really do with the eng manual and programming guide to set up the ring groups and DDI's etc. How is the programming done? From a phone or over the LAN?

Not dug very deeply yet!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

I just put Avaya Argent Office into Google, I think it was the second hit down, LOADS of system paperwork etc

'Google is your friend'

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Thanks - That was my first port of call.

No programming refferences though, and only a couple of really small and non enlargeable images for installing modules.

More sales gumf than anything!

I want to get some background into the system before subbmitting a quote!

Yes.

It is all the info regarding admin maintenance, but nothing on install guides or programming references for initial setting up.

I have a feeling you only get that info once you have been on one of their training courses.

Archived