Security Installer Community

Gardtec Wireless Keyfob

jackbuchan

Dear all,

I have got a gardtec 595 panel brand new and a new wireless reciever but i was reading up the manual and says some of the old components do not work with the reciever now i have 3 spare keyfob transmitters part no: 74012 and i think i need the more up to date keyfob does anyone know why this model was changed and is there any way i can use the older model fob as i have another 3 panels fitted at work that work off of the old keyfob is there any way i can program one of the old 74012 fobs to work with this reciever???

Also does the new keyfobs if i ordered one work with the older reciever does anyone know?

cheers

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

Dear all,

I have got a gardtec 595 panel brand new and a new wireless reciever but i was reading up the manual and says some of the old components do not work with the reciever now i have 3 spare keyfob transmitters part no: 74012 and i think i need the more up to date keyfob does anyone know why this model was changed and is there any way i can use the older model fob as i have another 3 panels fitted at work that work off of the old keyfob is there any way i can program one of the old 74012 fobs to work with this reciever???

Also does the new keyfobs if i ordered one work with the older reciever does anyone know?

cheers

Hi

No old and new wont work together as they are different radio frequency.

Dear all,

cheers

the frequency used was changed (and was outside the control of gardtec), you can still buy 'old type' transmitters but i don't think gardtec will deal direct with the public.

you could phone and ask, they will usually put you in touch with a local installer who might supply them for you.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived