Security Installer Community

Cpx Control Panel And Vcomm

sush

Hi, i have had the CPX panel installed in my new house, however did not have an active phone line. This has now been enabled so i have connected the dedicated phone extension to the panel via the master socket XTE 2005 faceplate on filtered IDC terminals 2 & 5.

My problem is that when I receive a voice call, all i hear is noise on the line like a fax machine so can the other person on the other end. This only happens when I connect the cpx phone extension to the master socket IDC terminals.

Please help

seems either you or your installer has enabled remote access, this is a feature installers can use to remotely check or modify the settings, read the log etc.

if you installed it and have the engineer code you need to go to the digital communicator section and set type to 'other' to disable the on board communicator.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi, enable answer phone defeat-basically the panel is assuming that it is the only thing connected to that BT line-consequently it is attempting to answer the call straight away, If you turn defeat on it won't answer on the first ring but will on the second so long as the call comes in within 30 secs or so I think.

Richard

Archived