Security Installer Community

9448es/+ Chime Disappeared

hi folks

i have a 9448es with the 9427 control panel.

my chime on my system has stopped working, if i go into programming(engineers) and input the code to activate it i get the led on but no chime ! (it even beeps twice to confirm its on) then i exit programming and try the chime but no joy.i also then try user code to activate/deactivate but still no chime.

originally when i had the system fit about 7 years ago,i could remember that even in unarmed status the zone lights/leds would show whilst unarmed via the control panel if they were triggered which is not the case anymore,the leds dont come on the control panel even if a p.i.r. is triggered ,they only show on the control panel if ive set the system to arm(during arming countdown or when armed).

zone 1=?

zone 2=living room p.i.r (set to normal alarm)

zone 3=lower landing p.i.r (over control panel =entry/exit door) p.i.r set to entry/exit

zone 4=upper landing p.i.r (set to normal alarm)

zone 5=blank (no connection on circuit board)

zone 6=bedroom panic switch (set to PA)

zone 7=(think entry/exit doors)

EE are set and the system recognises when the front or rear doors are open but no chime

(i believe the entry exit is on zone 7 but cannot say for sure).

all the rest of the system seems to work as it should ive just lost my chime ive even tried putting it back to factory default via the code (would joining the circuit board pins and doing a full reset help ?)

any help would be much appreciated in advance

Defaulting to factory settings will have disabled any zones selected for chime in the programming so you will have re-enable them. If you have the engineer code, go into programming "press 0, press enter, engineer code and LEDs will flash" Press 11 enter and check if zone 7(e/e) LED is lit" If not press 7 then enter (double bleep will sound). Exit programming by "pressing 99, then enter"

Then switch chime on/off via the normal way (press 7, press enter, then code)

Since defaulting the panel, can you still set the system?

Defaulting to factory settings will have disabled any zones selected for chime in the programming so you will have re-enable them. If you have the engineer code, go into programming "press 0, press enter, engineer code and LEDs will flash" Press 11 enter and check if zone 7(e/e) LED is lit" If not press 7 then enter (double bleep will sound). Exit programming by "pressing 99, then enter"

Then switch chime on/off via the normal way (press 7, press enter, then code)

Since defaulting the panel, can you still set the system?

Thanks for the reply,yep ive got the engineer code and tried all the above before posting on here.the chime led does light up when in programming mode and also gives 2 beeps to confirm its on.when i exit programming the chime isnt there even if i use the user code to enable/disable it.

yep the system works fine other than the chime(my wife would like it back on as theres been some sneek in burgularies on my street.

Thanks for the reply,yep ive got the engineer code and tried all the above before posting on here.the chime led does light up when in programming mode and also gives 2 beeps to confirm its on.when i exit programming the chime isnt there even if i use the user code to enable/disable it.

yep the system works fine other than the chime(my wife would like it back on as theres been some sneek in burgularies on my street.

Are you confident that whatever device is on the chime circuit is actually working, I'm guessing it's a door contact, might be worth walk testing it.

Are you confident that whatever device is on the chime circuit is actually working, I'm guessing it's a door contact, might be worth walk testing it.

Good shout.

Also try putting chime on a different zone, if that works, you could swap zones and re-prog.

Good shout.

Also try putting chime on a different zone, if that works, you could swap zones and re-prog.

thanks for your help managed to sort it. some pudding turned down/off the volume of the louspeaker in the main unit.

must have been the engineer last time i had them out lol

thanks for your help managed to sort it. some pudding turned down/off the volume of the louspeaker in the main unit.

must have been the engineer last time i had them out lol

Glad you sorted it.

I take it you havnt been using alarm since last engineer. :o

Archived