Security Installer Community

Alarm Randomly Sets Of Problem

Hi guys,

My alarm system unset goes of randomly the siren sounds out and the strobe flashs, Which at this point i have to disable it using the users code. Ive checked the tampers and all are fine. Ive even filled in all the zones. Except the 1 door magent. (Working Fine) (Tested Entry/Exit Tone)

(Door is closed before i press 00 at this point)

The alarm is unset, no tamper lights are on, pressing 00 on my control panel incates no zones are open.

All zones closed. Except zone 1 - Door Magnet.

The alarm is a Veritas 8 pre 2000

This hasnt done this before since i refitted the system today. Ive gone over and checked to see if i have made any mistakes and it doesnt look as if i have.

So hopfuly someone can help.

Regards

Knight

Hi guys,

My alarm system unset goes of randomly the siren sounds out and the strobe flashs, Which at this point i have to disable it using the users code. Ive checked the tampers and all are fine. Ive even filled in all the zones. Except the 1 door magent. (Working Fine) (Tested Entry/Exit Tone)

(Door is closed before i press 00 at this point)

The alarm is unset, no tamper lights are on, pressing 00 on my control panel incates no zones are open.

All zones closed. Except zone 1 - Door Magnet.

The alarm is a Veritas 8 pre 2000

This hasnt done this before since i refitted the system today. Ive gone over and checked to see if i have made any mistakes and it doesnt look as if i have.

So hopfuly someone can help.

Regards

Knight

Hi fellow KNIGHT

when your alarm goes off what illuminates on the keypad? -something should illuminate if you have had an activation

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Hi ,

Why are you pressing 00 ?. To set just enter your code then FULL or PART , by pressing 00 you are entering user programming. As stated , the display should indicate the nature of the problem.

Black night, I dont remember seeing lights illuminated when it went of. However ive opened the main control box up were the board is and filled in the TAMPER which i think may be causing the problem.

Pressing 00 enters the program menu and tells me which zones are active aswell i did this after it went of to check for faults i didnt attempt the set the alarm.

Forgot to say the alarm fully sets fine without any problems.

Yes ive checked the bell box the tamper there works fine. The alarm set of again just about 3 minutes ago only this time i checked no lights lit up but the tamper did, So i opened the main panel and check the tamper slot tighted up the screws and now the tamper light is off. what is causing the problem.

Archived