Security Installer Community

Acet Door Entry System Problem

• 6 months later...
My first posting. Looking to help my sister who has moved into a block with 4 flats.

The entry system is an ACET C15 probably made 10/2001 in Italy if the insides are to be believed.

I cannot fathom out how a 2 wire system can possibly receive a buzzer call (which works) but nothing else does.

Maybe the dirt dust and spiders inside have damaged it?

The entry system outside only has two sets of 5 wires disappearing up the conduit. My sister's phone has 5 wires coming in but only the brown and blue connected to the phone.

I bought a Techniphone TN-5HK from e-bay but looks like I cannot interconnect the systems.

Any advice?

The call tone on this system comes from terminal 6 on the amp, speech comes from terminal 7, both these are connected to different sides of the call button so its not unusual to find you lose only partial functionality. When you press the lock release button on the phone it shorts across terminals 2 and 7 on the amp which should then apply a 0 v to terminal 4 to activate the lock. Meter across 2 and 7, you should get between 14 and 18 v dc with both the wires connected and disconnected. This is the speech line and if no voltage either way then the amp is dead. Manually short terminal 1 to 4. If this operates the lock then short 2 to 7, if this doesnt operate the lock then again the amp is dead. If the tests are postive then you need to check the connections inside the panel. We know your cables to the phone are intact but a high resistance on the cable could kill both speech and lock release without affecting the call.

good luck

The call tone on this system comes from terminal 6 on the amp, speech comes from terminal 7, both these are connected to different sides of the call button so its not unusual to find you lose only partial functionality. When you press the lock release button on the phone it shorts across terminals 2 and 7 on the amp which should then apply a 0 v to terminal 4 to activate the lock. Meter across 2 and 7, you should get between 14 and 18 v dc with both the wires connected and disconnected. This is the speech line and if no voltage either way then the amp is dead. Manually short terminal 1 to 4. If this operates the lock then short 2 to 7, if this doesnt operate the lock then again the amp is dead. If the tests are postive then you need to check the connections inside the panel. We know your cables to the phone are intact but a high resistance on the cable could kill both speech and lock release without affecting the call.

good luck

I would hope it has been fixed by now, the post before yours was from over 6mths ago.

... still, I expect your knowledge might be of help to someone in the future.

Welcome to TSI :P

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived