Security Installer Community

Acet Door Entry System Problem

My first posting. Looking to help my sister who has moved into a block with 4 flats.

The entry system is an ACET C15 probably made 10/2001 in Italy if the insides are to be believed.

I cannot fathom out how a 2 wire system can possibly receive a buzzer call (which works) but nothing else does.

Maybe the dirt dust and spiders inside have damaged it?

The entry system outside only has two sets of 5 wires disappearing up the conduit. My sister's phone has 5 wires coming in but only the brown and blue connected to the phone.

I bought a Techniphone TN-5HK from e-bay but looks like I cannot interconnect the systems.

Any advice?

My first posting. Looking to help my sister who has moved into a block with 4 flats.

The entry system is an ACET C15 probably made 10/2001 in Italy if the insides are to be believed.

I cannot fathom out how a 2 wire system can possibly receive a buzzer call (which works) but nothing else does.

The entry system outside only has two sets of 5 wires disappearing up the conduit. My sister's phone has 5 wires coming in but only the brown and blue connected to the phone.

I bought a Techniphone TN-5HK from e-bay but looks like I cannot interconnect the systems.

Any advice?

its a hard one to advise as its an old system, also chances are they used multi colourd bt cable. try looking on the web for an instruction manual, but if this helps, they should be 2 main wires into main box, live and neutral, then you should loop live cables to each button. then there should be a cable for the microphone and speaker. if it doesnt look like its onna work right then change and get door system by bell. there the easiest and more durable basic doorentry system for flats. I always find alarm cable is good to work with and works just as good as the bt cable.

regards

dominic

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

Any advice?

you need to ask other residents if they have the same problem, as if so then most likely the amp module has failed inside the front panel.

next you need to find out if a local company has any agreement to look after it, again ask the other residents, if no then worth a shot at a new amp.

Fermax make a 'universal' handset which will replace handsets from many makes, not sure if it covers your kit though.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Do Acet have a 2 wire intercom system? the only ones iv'e seen are 5 wire,and your connections are

9 buzz wire

10 audio

7 audio

2 common

5 door release

First off agree with arfur , do the other intercoms work?

No = knackered amp probably

Yes= wiring problem/ faulty handset

If you know your neighbours try your phone on their wiring that will prove which is at fault

If you do decide to replace the lot DONT use alarm cable ,use 1308 twisted pair cable ,making sure one of the pairs is used for tx/common or rx/common. :)

Do Acet have a 2 wire intercom system? the only ones iv'e seen are 5 wire,and your connections are

9 buzz wire

10 audio

7 audio

2 common

5 door release

If you know your neighbours try your phone on their wiring that will prove which is at fault

If you do decide to replace the lot DONT use alarm cable ,use 1308 twisted pair cable ,making sure one of the pairs is used for tx/common or rx/common. :)

ive always used 6 core alarm cable for doorentry, whats wrong with that and why is twisted 1308 cable better as it cost the earth to buy

dominic

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

ive always used 6 core alarm cable for doorentry, whats wrong with that and why is twisted 1308 cable better as it cost the earth to buy

dominic

Hi Dominic, I must agree with you alarm cable is great , solid core is terrible in winter , it just breaks like crazy,to be fair on a 4 way system you probably wouldn't notice any difference, however twisted pair on the speech lines is not subject to interference , buzzing etc that you may pick up on stranded cable, on a bigger system it becomes more of an issue. Regards , Rob.

9 buzz wire

10 audio

7 audio

2 common

5 door release

i don't use this kit, so no idea if they if they do actually have a 2 wire option, google did not help here. but if only 2 wires are connected it may be why the sisters handset won't work, possibly disconnected during decorations by the previous tenant.

the wiring from the front panel may well go to the power supply unit, then the phones are wired back to that point too generally. look in a neighbours working handset and copy the code to your sisters handset, retaining the buzzer connection 'as is'.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Dominic, I must agree with you alarm cable is great , solid core is terrible in winter , it just breaks like crazy,to be fair on a 4 way system you probably wouldn't notice any difference, however twisted pair on the speech lines is not subject to interference , buzzing etc that you may pick up on stranded cable, on a bigger system it becomes more of an issue. Regards , Rob.

hi rob

thanks for the tip, something i did'nt know.....

dominic

I've seen 2 wire systems - 2 wires for comms + 2 wire local power for the handset.

Normally you'd power up the hand set from a central location.

It is possible for it to buzz yet not work properly had this happen on a Aiphone system might have have a short somewhere and check where you got power from..

As if it's a True 2 wire system you should be getting some ac/dc power of say 12/15/18 Volts - don't know the system but those are the common ones.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived