Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 - Power fault?

Guest Guest_Guy

Guest Guest_Guy

I had a veritas R8 installed today but after a few hours i noticed that the unset light was blinking on and off. Now when i enter my code and FULL it just beeps, never sets. The only way i can set it is setting it as though it has a power fault. Anyway to fix this?

Guest dale

It sounds as though it does actually have a power fault!

The fuse that feeds the system may have blown, or not ben put in, also check that your RCD hasnt tripped. If its only just been instlled get on the blower (phone) to the engineer and get them back out ASAP!

Dale

Guest Guest_Guy

Yup, it looks like mains failure because after about 12 hours the lights starting flickering on the keypad, now everything is dead. Been ringing the company but dont think they really care now they taken my money. Will keep trying!

Thanks for the advice guys, great site btw!

How did you reach the descision on who did the install.

If the company was SSAIB or NSI approved then you could call them and ask them to assist you in getting the job repaired.

Until you get the system looked at, dont reinstate any power or change the batteries. You will only annoy the neighbours with the noise and you dont want them to ignore the system in the future.

One thing I would check though is where they took the mains from for the panel, if it was off its own its own fuse, you might be able to reset the fuse and reinstate mains power.

When you do get the installer out, make sure that they replace the battery. Although the battery wont be u/s, having a heavy deep discharge like you have expiereienced will not have done its life span a lot of good.

Colin.

Guest dale

It could be that the power was taken from a lighting circuit, so when the light is turned off the power is lost.... and yep, I have seen this a few time!

D

Did the installer test your electrical supply? If he did then he will leave you a copy of his test certificate stating that he has installed the fused spur to the IEE regs and that he has tested it and it has passed! (With the readings)

I'd put money on the fact that he probably isnt trained how to do it safely...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kenny james
:D cheapest is certainly not the best!!!, i can bet you that the one who installed your alarm was the cheapest qoute you got, probably got him out the newspaper with a mobile phone number (which is quite convenient because of caller display, so they can answer the phone to who they want to!!), turned up in a clamped out car, looked as though he didnt know what he was doing and didnt leave you any paperwork with the system and probably gave the price cash in hand!!. thats why engineers get peeved off because its these people that give us engineers a bad name, that is why our qoutes are dearer because you get somebody out who knows what they are doing and is qualified and insured to do the work required too!!!.and you can gaurantee a fault free system for many a happy few years. (i had a customer on the phone asking if i would match my price to another qoute they got - guess what the qoute came from there next door neighbour who said he could do the job just as good!!!) i told the woman to get on with it and dont phone me when she wants somebody out to repair a faulty alarm system.

Archived