Security Installer Community

Please Please Help

Can somebody please help me. I have just moved into a new house where an old woman used to live. She has had a Scantronic 9448+ Alarm fitted with panic buttons in bedrooms & sensors all over the house. The house is due to be re-wired on Monday & going on former experience in the Building Services industry I'm sure there is a battery back-up which will come into effect as soon as power is cut off.

There is no maintenance contract on this unit & I can't afford to have a company come out & charge through the nose to turn the thing off for me.

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to completely shutdown the panel & bell to avoid constant alarms whilst the house is being rewired.

Many many thanks

Yes it is possible

Although we cannot tell anyone how to disable an/their intruder alarm on here (a publically viewable forum) for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure what you believe "through the nose" to be but I'd try a phone round companies local to you and asking for quotes before any drastic smashing & bashing starts.

C.

Paying anything is "through the nose" to me!

In all honesty it is only temporary & I don't want to have to pay twice for it to decommissioned & then for it to be repowered.

Is there anything you can suggest on a private email for me to do?

I'm a bloke who's trying to re-wire his house with 2 toddlers running around trying to press all the panic buttons.

If I was a 12 year old girl from denmark, I doubt I'd be in this forum, I'd probably be being groomed in MSN. And although I may have had a dodgy past I am certainly not a burgular.

Thats what they say on MSN, lol.

Seriously though, sorry we can't help.

There are batteries in place (note: plural) so if you do have a go at it make sure you have all the mains power is off and be careful as batteries & circuit boards can still give you a nasty shock.

Good luck!

C.

Archived