Security Installer Community

Wireless Door Contact Do800m

Can anybody tell me if this is compatible with Galaxy G2 RF portal part no C076 or do I need the newer RF portal C079. Thanks

The Do800m is an ALPHA protocol detector and will only work with the new CO79 RF Portal with a G2 with a software version of 1.4

I believe that Alpha products work with any panel version as long as the new portal is used.

I believe your wrong RJBsec, read below

Introduction

This Customer Advice Note describes the latest feature enhancements carried out to software for the Galaxy 2 Series panels (G2-20 and G2-44+). The main updates for software v1.4 are classed as:

Guest RJBsec
I believe your wrong RJBsec, read below

Introduction

This Customer Advice Note describes the latest feature enhancements carried out to software for the Galaxy 2 Series panels (G2-20 and G2-44+). The main updates for software v1.4 are classed as:

My reason for stating the above is due to installing a G2-44 V1.1 from my stock 6 months ago - I fitted a combination of some old and some new detectors and I used an old C076 portal. The portal could see the older DOMPir's but not the door contacts and rf fobs, I changed the portal to the newer C079 and everything worked fine.

So for me anyway the new portal works fine with the V1.1 panel.

Because you say you got it working does not make it correct tho does it, you should fit the equipment within the Manufacturers guidlines if you want it to work correctly.

Suppose the install you done into your customers premises 6 months ago and they have a breakin and the RF detection of the alarm panel doesnt function the way its designed to, whoes at fault and liable YOU or the MANUFACTURER ?

Guest RJBsec
Because you say you got it working does not make it correct tho does it, you should fit the equipment within the Manufacturers guidlines if you want it to work correctly.

Suppose the install you done into your customers premises 6 months ago and they have a breakin and the RF detection of the alarm panel doesnt function the way its designed to, whoes at fault and liable YOU or the MANUFACTURER ?

Why wouldn't it work now when it worked on install, (and several times since)?

Either its compatible or it isn't - the new RF Fob for example can be programmed to work with either portal and old and early new DOMPir's work with either portal.

Manufacturers guidelines do not say that the new portal ONLY works with the new panel software - at the time that the C079 portal was released the V1.4 panel software wasn't even available.

There is no liability issue with the installation, it works fine, it was designed to work fine with fully compatible equipment confirmed by Honeywell.

Why wouldn't it work now when it worked on install, (and several times since)?

Maybe your lucky or maybe you enrolled them detectors as V2 or maybe it only works sometimes

Either its compatible or it isn't - the new RF Fob for example can be programmed to work with either portal and old and early new DOMPir's work with either portal.

To what you told the op then it is NOT compatible and i already know that the TCB800M is a dual protocol RF fob that will work with either RF portal, and a big BUT will only work in alpha protocol with a G2 with ver 1.4 and a CO79 RF portal

Manufacturers guidelines do not say that the new portal ONLY works with the new panel software - at the time that the C079 portal was released the V1.4 panel software wasn't even available.

The new CO79 RF portal will work with ALL G2 software versions because its DUAL PROTOCOL, BUT if you want to use alpha protocol products then you need to use a G2 with version 1.4 software, and to be honest it doesnt matter and i dont really care which came first the RF portal or the software. PMSL

There is no liability issue with the installation, it works fine, it was designed to work fine with fully compatible equipment confirmed by Honeywell.

If you fitted a G2 ver 1.1 with a CO79 and are using detectors programmed as ALPHA then the manufacturer says this is not compatible and this was really PMSL confirmed by Honeywell. But If you fitted a G2 ver 1.1 with a CO79 and are using detectors programmed as V2 protocol then this is O.K and this was again really PMSL confirmed by Honeywell.

Just to clarify things what you told the op in your first post is WRONG, i phoned galaxy tech support and asked the op question and they said the Do800m alpha door contact will ONLY work with a G2 with version 1.4 and CO79 RF portal and any G2 with version 1.0 or 1.1 does not support alpha protocal products.

RJBsec if you think im wrong with any of the above information then you should phone galaxy tech support and post your results

Guest RJBsec
Just to clarify things what you told the op in your first post is WRONG, i phoned galaxy tech support and asked the op question and they said the Do800m alpha door contact will ONLY work with a G2 with version 1.4 and CO79 RF portal and any G2 with version 1.0 or 1.1 does not support alpha protocal products.

RJBsec if you think im wrong with any of the above information then you should phone galaxy tech support and post your results

I STAND CORRECTED ON THIS

My memory of the job was incorrect - the new Alpha door contacts were not used on this particular job, they were the older type. The issue we had was with the new PIR's which would not work with the C076 portal and the same with the new rfFobs out of the box. Following advice from Honeywell Tech Support at the time, replacing the C076 with the C079 portal allowed communication with the new PIR's and rfFobs.

I apologise for providing incorrect information and have PM'd the o/p accordingly, though it was never stated that he was using an older panel.

Archived