Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9100 - Can't Omit Zone

jquin

We moved into our house 18 months ago. It has a Scantronic 9100 which all seemed to be in working order and the PIRs etc seemed to be logically sited. The only problem is that we've never been able to omit zone 4 which has the PIR that covers the steps up to our bedroom so aren't putting the alarm on at night. I could enter the user code + OMIT + 4 + Enter. The enter made a 2-tone noise which I thought meant it had accepted the omit but the alarm always went off in the morning when we started walking down the stairs.

So, I eventually decided today to do a complete reset. Reprogrammed it and it all seemed to be fine. The codes are all working fine and it operates correctly on the door sensors and all PIRs (i.e. basically the alarm goes off if they are tripped). I was especially careful to do "4 + 40 + Enter" to have zone 4 with Omit Allow Enabled. There's definitely only 1 PIR connected to zone 4 on the board. I've done a walk test and it is definitely number 4. But, when I set it and omit zone 4. Then walk past that the zone 4 PIR the alarm goes off.

So I went back into engineer mode and made double sure by re-keying "4 + 40 + Enter" but it still goes off as soon as the PIR is tripped.

Have I missed something? Am I being stupid? Is there something odd whereby it should be Omit Allow Disabled on that zone??? (I was surprised that Disabled was the default)

Thanks in advance for any help.

(p.s. I am planning to replace the Scantronic - just wanted to get it working for the next month until that's all done. If anyone can recommend someone around Stockwell, London that can help with the install I would be interested to hear. I'd really like to find someone who doesn't just add a 0 to the end of the price cause we're in London. I think it will just be a few hours work.)

That what i'd do but thats alot more programming And he does say that hes swapping it soon anyway

Yea, but why?

The 9100 is an old but very good control panel, limited facilities I know, but if this is installed in a 'normal' house, why spend the money?

A new system will hardly be any different.

Have the alarm serviced, new battery at the very least, possibly a new outside sounder.

Have a good night on the town with the wife with the money saved.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest RJBsec
That what i'd do but thats alot more programming

Imagine it was already programmed for part set when he moved in!

Thanks - I will try 41 but my manual suggests

40 Omit Allow enabled

41 Omit Allow disabled

My main reason for changing was that I wanted to give our cleaning lady her own code. The battery was changed in January last year and it has a very loud outside bell.

If I wanted to try the part set option, do I just go through each zone then 61 with just zone 4 as 60?

The instructions aren't very clear on that or what to do with 62, 64, 65, 66?

If I wanted to try the part set option, do I just go through each zone then 61 with just zone 4 as 60?

Yes

Basically

62 Zone E Final Exit Armed In Partset 1 ON 0 OFF

64 Timed Exit 1 Yes 0 Instant

65 Zone Programmed As Entry Route 1 Start Entry 0 Alarm

66 Full Alarm 1 External Sounder ON 0 External OFF

0 Is Not Omitable

1 Is Omitable

04E41E

Your thinking og 9800 programming which i must admit so was i until i searched through my computer files to find a 9100 programming manual (considering that at one time in my career that was the only panel i used i was surprised i had forgotton!!).

with regard to the omit problem jquin, assuming that you have programmed exactly as shown the only other bit of advice i can think of is make sure that you do the omit procedure immiediately after putting in your access code otherwise it won,t be accepted (within 3 secs i think) and assuming all your zones are closed a "O" (for zones ommitted ) will show in the screen prior to it setting/exit noise stopping.

Also if you check the log it will show you the zone being ommitted.

the part set option is the best way of doing the job tho - that way your zone 4 area is still protected when you set it at night.

good luck

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks - I will try 41 but my manual suggests

40 Omit Allow enabled

41 Omit Allow disabled

My main reason for changing was that I wanted to give our cleaning lady her own code. The battery was changed in January last year and it has a very loud outside bell.

The instructions aren't very clear on that or what to do with 62, 64, 65, 66?

as much as it goes against my principles (LOL) - do it like this

zone number , enter , 4 , 1 , enter

Archived