Security Installer Community

Need Help To Wire Pir

Graham750

Hi All

I have fitted a new PIR to a Castle Euro Meridian with EOL, and getting an error on the diagnostics, I think I may have wired incorrectly so would appreciate any suggestions on the correct connections.

I have attached a pic showing the connections on the pir and have used the resitors supplied with the panel 4K7 and 2K2 and connected as detailed inthe manual, blue wire goes back to COM on the panel - yellow back to Z2 - black to Neg and red to Pos.

Many Thanks

post-17564-1213548293.jpg

at first glance that looks okay, what error message is the panel showing?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

at first glance that looks okay, what error message is the panel showing?

Simply shows F for fail in the diags and also at system startup although I am certain the PIR is working ok, so no faults on the PIR itself just my shody wiring :)

Another member has suggested swapping the blue wire with the end resitor that seems to have worked as now it shows 2k2 cc and no fail on startup, for experience if i was to meter the contacts what readings would I expect from each of the contacts, there is another PIR with a broken lens and prob need to replace it.

Many Thanks for taking time to give advice

Archived