Security Installer Community

Risco Prosys

avcctv

Guest anguscanplay
how can he??? name done from a master user code, kid was in on the handover acting as a translator, so translated how to change codes using the master code (for really nice Asian Family) he was only about 7/8 years old at the time. dod not get my codes as i was all done by the time he got in from school.

just to show his enterprise, with the earlier scanny system i'd installed years earlier, he used it to hurry his mum out of the house in the morning to get to school on time - by starting the exit timer, which caused her to panic and get out quick, sharp as a whipp that lad you just had to love him for his ingenuity and guile.

regs

alan

so it said "do you want to set //.B.W.F.// ? " then, do try and get your annecdotes straight - LOL

so it said "do you want to set //.B.W.F.// ? " then, do try and get your annecdotes straight - LOL

you got me really foxed now, enter code panel says welcome <user 1> or what ever name it was changed to, then changes to "do you want to set?" for main or master users - so anecdote repeated below -:

on one of the 1st G816's i fitted with LCD keypad, when he put in his code it said "welcome a$$hole", so phones me up a bit miffed at my humour, clients son had changed his dads name having been docked his pocket money - runs a chain of restaurants now

don't you just love kids

so please explain, but very slowly on account of my advancing period of years and Ovaltine sodden mental state :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
you got me really foxed now, enter code panel says welcome <user 1> or what ever name it was changed to, then changes to "do you want to set?" for main or master users - so anecdote repeated below -:

on one of the 1st G816's i fitted with LCD keypad, when he put in his code it said "welcome a$$hole", so phones me up a bit miffed at my humour, clients son had changed his dads name having been docked his pocket money - runs a chain of restaurants now

don't you just love kids

so please explain, but very slowly on account of my advancing period of years and Ovaltine sodden mental state :unsure:

regs

alan

purely so we dont get hundreds of people asking "how do I get rude words on my 816..." in the future - LOL

Risco panels doesnt say "welcome <user 1>...." when you enter a code, the only way you could get that is by entering it as banner text from the engineer menu, your funny story should read how someone set some other make of panel to say "do you want to set arsehole? " or be used as an example of why you should always lock codes maybe?

Regards

Angus

We use the macro keys for acknowledging the fault.... otherwise it is a real PITA.

We had problems with the signalling being received properly at the ARC on digi's. No such problem with Redcares.

:D You ought to send your signals to an ARC which knows how to process such signals - The Wisdoms are not complicated to program for at the ARC.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

purely so we dont get hundreds of people asking "how do I get rude words on my 816..." in the future - LOL

Risco panels doesnt say "welcome <user 1>...." when you enter a code, the only way you could get that is by entering it as banner text from the engineer menu, your funny story should read how someone set some other make of panel to say "do you want to set arsehole? " or be used as an example of why you should always lock codes maybe?

Regards

Angus

perhaps we should have somewhere to keep count of those who admit doing it, and what they used :)

i can imagine the 'welcome ruling alf' or "welcome u old bag" when the wife uses it - apparently hospital food in essex ain't so bad - taken through a straw :ninja:

but you can't lock the user codes on 816's, only restrict by making them a lower level and keeping master secret.

this kid had the code as mum and dad were struggling with the technology - kids just suck it all in somehow, they don't question how/why or the many ways to do it wrong, they just do it. race you lad typing text and see what i mean.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:D You ought to send your signals to an ARC which knows how to process such signals - The Wisdoms are not complicated to program for at the ARC.

'J

Indeed!!

perhaps we should have somewhere to keep count of those who admit doing it, and what they used

i can imagine the 'welcome ruling alf' or "welcome u old bag" when the wife uses it - apparently hospital food in essex ain't so bad - taken through a straw

but you can't lock the user codes on 816's, only restrict by making them a lower level and keeping master secret.

this kid had the code as mum and dad were struggling with the technology - kids just suck it all in somehow, they don't question how/why or the many ways to do it wrong, they just do it. race you lad typing text and see what i mean.

regs

alan

You sure it wasn't a Karizma panel....

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest anguscanplay

regs

alan

your mistaking the 816 for that shocking ID bisuity thing (karisma ?) you fit, that used to say "welcome ............" when you entered a code, it was about the only understandable thing it did IMO

Archived