Security Installer Community

Intruder alarm signalling split from cctv post

See: BBC

...more training was needed for officers who often avoided trawling through CCTV images "because it's hard work".

to get back to the original question in the tittle and setting aside if the officers do or do not bother, this is the sam argument for/against intruder alarms.

we all field the "i hear alarms but nobody takes any notice' query, so we explain having a system is better than not, they may will never have a break-in, and like insurance its prudent but hope you never need to call on it, if they are unlucky, at least with a system installed the intruder is more likely to leave quicker reducing lose and damage, propelled in most cases by the risk of a meeting with a neighbour or the angry home owner than if he burgles a house without one.

same applies with cctv, the fact a camera is there means a risk of being recorded especially in the felons mind, as with speed camera's we all know most are decoys, but you just don't know if they have moved one around last night, and many don't trust them being set up properly - so slam their brakes on dropping suddenly from 80+ - 35 mph 'just to be on the safe side' :rolleyes:

so you can make a valid case for it being worth it - but how much its worth to pay for it is open to much conjecture.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
we all field the "i hear alarms but nobody takes any notice' query,

I just retort back "burglars do............" LOL

well i feel that audible onlys arnt as effective as they once were, thats why there is nore signalling even diallers being installed

let me put an opposite viewpoint (what a surprise everyone),

with confirmed signal required for A.P.C.O. by the time we get through all the false alarm filtering only to be sent the local Community Support Officer (bless their souls), who then pants round on foot if not on school watch and just stares and might add to the confirmation it is a burgalry in progress or order a scenes of crime officer, the bell/siren is the best defense for most average homes, even many offices and commercials.

i'm even beginning to wonder at the value of arc signaling, if you think about the fagin palace break-in, brinks matt and heath row robberies whats the point?.

regs

alan

thanks for that arf. But c'mon

Also i wasnt meaning police response always just signalling.

But you carry on advising audible only on your local atm if it makes you feel better lol

for security reasons the point of signaling to an arc without Police response is exactly? might as well fit a voice dialer, but at least to your credit you have at least considered that alternative pov, and not dismissed it out of hand.

where it is required by insurance theres no choice, but where its enquired about by the client i state all the facts - warts and all.

many clients hold the belief the alarm activates, police are informed within seconds and rush round 2's and blue's going like the clappers - 'the bill' has a lot to answer for 'guv' and knowing the reality helps them make the best informed choice based on the true facts, and if something happens they do not suffer disappointment based on sales patter 'licence'.

the trading name is 'Eye 2 Eye Security' it means exactly that - no small print, no 'clever' or glib sales techniques used.

regs

alan

but you cant offer the alternative yourself your is your 'guidance' unbiased.

And as i know your aware :cough G2 systems on digis have to send a test tx every day, if not recieved it goes into comms fail (well we would call the client)

We used to fit dialler but have refused for a few years now. Broadband gets fitted they stop working, line issues they stop working etc etc, so many reasons they may stop and your only gonna find out on the annual service... unacceptable in my own eyes.

You may think ther eis no need for a secure signalled, single path, extended format signalling system, I for one will differ.

Dont get me wrong diallers have their place... just i have had too many fail in the field to risk anymore

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i'm even beginning to wonder at the value of arc signaling,

right'o, lets google 'em

if you think about the fagin palace break-in,

failling of in house security measures inculded the manned guarding aspect, no commerical arc involvement

brinks matt

bent security guard gives 'em a key

heath row robberies whats the point?.

WFT, as in the faked arm robbery in a cash van?

whats the point?.

that's what I thinking :rolleyes:

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Guest anguscanplay
the trading name is 'Eye 2 Eye Security' it means exactly that - no small print, no 'clever' or glib sales techniques used.

regs

alan

i always thougth our first choice name of "smoke and mirrors security..." descibed us perfectly but the old man wasnt too sure LOL

Archived