Security Installer Community

Low Amperage Lighting.

daubs8

I need to site 5 floodlights to illuminate an area for cctv coverage. The furthest one away is 350-400m. I can run armoured 240v to each location. Can anyone give me any options, maybe 110v or any lights that draw little amperage? Thanks.

Hi, Lighting does not draw much current by the nature of it-a 500 watt floodlight is only 2 amps approx-the problem on a scale such as yours is voltage drop, cable size etc-you will need to work out what lights you are using(wattage, how many, distances) and then calculate what is required to cope-17th edition will help. :D

Regards.

Richard.

I need to site 5 floodlights to illuminate an area for cctv coverage. The furthest one away is 350-400m. I can run armoured 240v to each location. Can anyone give me any options, maybe 110v or any lights that draw little amperage? Thanks.

Do you want low voltage lighting or did you want mains voltage?

If you want the most light for the least power then look at the efficacy of the lamp. Sodium is about the best with all the others following. White halide lamps work well with CCTV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Not really bothered about the efficiency of the light. More concerned with voltage drop. I have run a 2.5mm armoured already, doesn't bother me if I have to run another bigger cable but would prefer not to?!

Archived