Security Installer Community

Fire Extinguishers

• 3 weeks later...
Just out of interest... what is generally involved in servicing a extinguisher?

regs

alex

Checking its in the right location for risk, the location its in hasnt changed use, physically checking for signs of damage, checking operation of the firing mechanism and removal of safety pins, checking contents, checking gauges if fitted, checking dicharge horns and hoses. Thats the basic outline.

For training might I recommend www.firecontingency.co.uk speak to Alan if you phone.

ive looked into the 2 link been put up on the fire extinguishers as its something im looking to be doing. but on the first link below, its a 1day course and thats it. but on the 2nd link below it a 4 day course and it seems i would have to attend a refresher course every 3 years. is this the same with first link ? as there is no mention of this. can anyone shed some light on this for me? thanks , steve

http://www.fia.uk.com/en/Training/Details/...814C22984F26BF4

http://www.firecontingency.co.uk/index.php?pgref=ET

4 day course, 3 yearly refresher.

Try IFEDA or FIA for training courses.

the link i put up is FIA. but what i want to know is the FIA course a 4day course as well or is it a 1day course. cause it looks like a 1day course and doesn`t mention a refresher. thanks

Guest Thunderfingers
the link i put up is FIA. but what i want to know is the FIA course a 4day course as well or is it a 1day course. cause it looks like a 1day course and doesn`t mention a refresher. thanks

I haven't done the portables course but I know that the full on one was 4/5 days with an exam each day - fail at any point and you were out.Refresher as indicated.

The FIA link is only showing the exam day, not the training course.

The last lad we sent on a training course was 2 years ago, organised through IFEDA, course was in Manchester, cost was somewhere round

Fire Member

Traing with all providers is 4 days + exam on the Friday morning.

Refresh is required every 3-yers and is 1/2 day training/refresh and exam in the afternoon.

you can train anywhere or as i do train my own staff than just send them on the exam.

all you need is a good training manual and your 1/2 way there but unfortunately they only come withthe courses as far as I know ;)

Archived