Security Installer Community

Powermax+ Installers

Glen101

As with most things Glen the skill isnt in the buying off its the correct installation, setup and programming. Obviously there are costs for onsite maint and support to be included. I would advide you have a few quotes form similar compaines, ie no point in comparing an NACOSS approved installer with an electrician. Is it on remote signalling or audible only?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I am clueless as DIY so wouldn't attempt this myself. Also I would like an approved installation certificate and a yearly maintence agreement.

Any views and help greatly appreciated?

That's exactly why you will have to pay extra - how much extra could depend on whether you obtain more than 1 quotation.

Personally, if I was paying

Most companies will offer wireless as an option in the RIGHT environment. Maybe the right question to start of with is why do you think you want wireless.

I do not want to see wires anywhere is the only reason. I had a wired alarm in my last house and while they done a good job there were a few wires showing. In my new house there are wires everywhere is looks awful.

Surely wireless is the way to go. We are well and truely into the 21 century :)

That's exactly why you will have to pay extra - how much extra could depend on whether you obtain more than 1 quotation.

Personally, if I was paying

Surely wireless is the way to go. We are well and truely into the 21 century

If you had a long and important call to make and i mean very impoertant... would you use your mobile or your land line in this century?

While im a fan of wireless it has a place, just like wireless networks, mobiles and all other things wireless. Ask yourself in all the things you use that has a wireless option, headsets, mobiles etc which is more relaible long term.... wired or wireless. IMHO you should use wireless where wired is impossiible or not desired. IN a house there is no reason to show the majority of cables if wiring. Some are unavoidable, but most can be hidden.

The benefit and im with topalarms here is that hybrid allows you to wire the things that should be wired, ie high power devices, sounders, speakers, keypads etc while having some wireless peripherals (detectors) That way for example all your sensors at cieling height, keypads, smoke sensors bells etc can be wired then the bits you cant wire, maybe a conservatory vibration detector can be wireless. Best of both worlds IMO. PLus again IMO the galaxy is a supiriour panel to the powermax

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 1 month later...

Archived