Security Installer Community

Virgin & Talk Talk - Digi Not Communicating

when you connect your butt phone are you able to dial the receiver numbers and do you hear the handshake (anoying beeping noice)

on one virgin line we couldn't get anything. was like had locked up. disconnected & re-connected and then was ok, for a while anyway. have got to go back to job as customer sayin not receivin any signals when alarm has gone off

Talk Talk will not work because they have their own equipment in the exchanges that route everything over IP, this then causes a small delay which is enough to prevent the digi from kissing off, digi dials again up to its preset dial limit, usually results in ARC receiving signals 10 times and panel displaying comms fail. With Virgin ADSL I would assume the same, with Virgins own Cables (if they have cable TV) it should be OK.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay
Talk Talk will not work because they have their own equipment in the exchanges that route everything over IP, this then causes a small delay which is enough to prevent the digi from kissing off,

hmm, coming soon to a BT number near you ( its how 21CN will work - but from CABINET level :fear: )

hmm, coming soon to a BT number near you ( its how 21CN will work - but from CABINET level :fear: )

QFA, I cant wait....................................................................NOT!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Round my way TalkTalk went "live" on their LLU kit on Monday.

I know someone who was already with TT for both phone & broadband (over BT kit obviously) and they just got a letter the week before saying roughly "from next week your broadband will be free" which they had just glanced at and filed.

Fortunately this particular person doesn't have an alarm that dials out or is monitored so there's no issue for them, but there wasn't any sort of suggestion that it might need looking at.

Mind you the LLU migration has been a disaster for them so far...... :o

Archived