Security Installer Community

Clock Not Working

nintenbo

hi all

Got an old and cheap Maplin 4 ch DVR, ( actually its not as bad as what you may think) anyway the in built clock doesnot work. I can set the time and date but when i exit to live pictures and the clock dont move, even when play back. i thought it may be the internal battery but replaced it but no joy even shorted the two jumpers next to it but nothing.

any ideas??

I have come across one or two DVRs that had a similar problem, in these cases a motherboard change was the final course of action. Not to say thats whats wrong with yours you could try the following:

- A Software reset (should be an option to go to factory default in the menus)

- Remove the battery and do not replace for a while (10 mins usually does it) this may also reset the machine.

- Format the hard drives.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Good Luck.

hi all

Got an old and cheap Maplin 4 ch DVR, ( actually its not as bad as what you may think) anyway the in built clock doesnot work. I can set the time and date but when i exit to live pictures and the clock dont move, even when play back. i thought it may be the internal battery but replaced it but no joy even shorted the two jumpers next to it but nothing.

any ideas??

my suggesetion would be try and do a hard reset on the unit, and if tht doesnt work it maay be cheaper to just upgrade to a better unit.

cheers

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

ive tryed most of that but if im honest i prob didnt leave it long enough for the battery being left out so will try it for longer this time also i will try a different hard drive, as this one was second had.

thabks for replys and i will post im findings

thanks

ive tryed most of that but if im honest i prob didnt leave it long enough for the battery being left out so will try it for longer this time also i will try a different hard drive, as this one was second had.

thabks for replys and i will post im findings

thanks

:no: i meant hard reset through the menu of the dvr may do the trick.

cheers

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived